Fastest Streetcar Shootout

X-FORD MAN

Congratulations to everyone that had a new low ET on saturday.
Looks like Giovanetti made a HiTech class for this race, I guess most guys would have an option of this class, Domestic Power Adder, or even the Drag Radial Class. I'll call Paul and find out the temporary rules :rolleyes: ;) Anyone making this race on the 29th?

LOL paul, I'll tell them that's not a turbo..that's a tornado I bought from an infomercial.

Called Paul today, he said that the HiTech class is the same rules as the IDRC, the Drag Radial Class rules is not done yet, and the Single Power Adder Class is the same as before. I asked him about the $$$ payout and got no committed amount. I might make it for this race if I can get off of work without pisssing off Hawaiian Turbo;)

if the high tech class is the same as idrc....though there is no concrete rules in writing about rules of high tech other than it has to be efi....than a dual power adder would be legal as long as its electronic fuel injected...though again no concrete rules in writing

i think by making this class...there goes all the competition in the single power adder class...unless he is trying to get more pro gas members with carbs and nitrous out :confused:

if all three sides come out...it sure would be fun like saturday....but that 50 bucks to enter and single elimination can be ouch!!! especially if you have a slow car like mine....do you think a 16 field event with double the purse idea would be better?
you sure would need a very fast reliable daily driver :D car

I heard he backed it up with another 9.something @ 140 MPH right after that!

:eek: :D

Paul

While reading back on the posts I thought that you meant that you was replying to Geoff's post about John 9 sec run and said "Damn.. that's fast!! I'll be there if I get the 9/11 in" :D

So I though you meant that you will get into the 9's with the 9/11 but then now I realize that you mean that you are going to FSC when you get the 9/11 in. Anyway never mind just getting over a cold :eek: Anyone else going?

I spoke with Paul G. today about the classes for the shootout. He told me the following so you may want to verify the particulars with him before entering.

10-1/2" Slicks - w/power adder
10-1/2" Slicks - no power adder
Street tire - no power adder

Originally posted by GNZero
Street tire - no power adder

So on the street tire class with a bigger turbo from stock is consider a power adder?

From my understanding of what he said, any turbo buick is in the power adder class. If you're planning to race I would call him to confirm.