Fastest Production car list.........GNX rank is kinda low.

XFactor

Found this pretty Big list of Fastest Production cars, and the GNX ranking and times doesn't seem accurate (13.7? Hmmm, should be a few tenths better). I guess the GN ranking and times seem OK.

And what's up with the 03 Mustang Mach 1................ 13.1????? Are you kidding me? Or are they really that quick?

CHECK IT OUT:

http://www.autofacts.ca/classics/fast.htm

Not to threadjack, but do you live anywhere near the Danbury area of western CT. I've only met a handful of other TB guys.

Yes--the mach 1's are that quick---ford is realizing what GM is not.Current mustang's deserve much respect.

GNX times sound off a bit--i could care less what times get put down on paper---still the coolest car GM has ever come up with.So cool in-fact that my dad and I are headed on a long journey this weekend to pick one up.I will post pics of the trip when i get back:cool:

Geoff

LOL. That list has quite a few urban legend ET's.

As for the 03 Mach I....there have been a few that have gone 13.2 @ ~105 mph in bone stock trim. Most are in the mid 13's.

I thought the Mach 1 had like 10 more HP than a GT??? I think they are taking best ET's they ever heard these cars ran, except in the GTO's case. I saw a show that said the fastest Hemi cars were high 11's at best before aftermarket parts, tuning, and putting the cars on diets put them in the 10's. That list is just flat out wrong.

I don't agree with those kinda list. They're inflated OR underrated BS. I just don't think about those kinda list or questions like that to start with. Causes to much drama and bikering.

In street trim, the fastest Hemi's were high 12 second cars - at the VERY best.

A Mach I is rated at 45 more HP than a GT (305 vs 260), and typically put down ~265-270 RWHP in stock trim. They have a bit better gearing (3.55's), and a nicer power curve (less peaky) than a 99/01 Cobra engine.

THAT LIST IS BOGUS! they really want us to believe that a 1970 Charger R/T with a 440 6 pack would lose in the 1/4 mile to a 2003 Neon SRT-4?????? What a bunch of bs! :rolleyes:

I believe that Hemi at the top of the list was basically a race car you could buy directly through the Mopar dealer. I'm not sure if it was street legal or not, but it was not the hydraulic lifter Street Hemi that was in the 70 Cudas and Challengers...It was solid lifter and a little radical.

Why would they even include race cars? The ZL1 Corvette for example is a good one. GM made 2 and they were over $10k back in 1969.
As for the ranking of the Buicks, I seem to recall one of the magazines running 13.20's with a GNX back in 87 or 88. I also remember Car & Driver running 13.90's with an 86 GN back when the cars were new.
Wonder why they dont include those numbers? :confused:

they didn't make any street 68 barracuda's with a hemi! that list is BS. A stock 70 GS stage 1 will run with and maybe beat any one the mopar b-body 440 six packs including the 69 roadrunner. I know for a fact cause we have both and the buick wins everytime.

also who do you know driving around in a mclearen anyway. how bout a list of american production cars!!!

Hmmm....

". Accurate? Not necessarily.* That largely depends on possibly hundreds of factors that need to be taken into account during testing, including weather, altitude, drivers, traction, etc."

No sheot!!!

1999 Mitsubishi 3000 GT 3.0L V6, T/C 320 13.44 101.79
1987 Buick GNX 3.8L V6, T/C 276 13.7 102

OK....That is BS! The 3000GT I had couldn't fall out of a tree fast! And...it was rated at 330HP....not 320....according to Mitsu.

You expect me to believe a "stock" 3000 would wear a GNX out? Yeah....RIGHT! :rolleyes:

Maybe they tested the Mitsu in the Fall somewhere up North and the GNX around August...In Florida!!:eek:

I know magazine tests on most cars leave a lot to be desired.......namely lame test drivers who rarely know how to get the most out of a given car. It sure would be nice if someone put a list together with actual numbers based on actual magazine tests........meaning list the magazine, issue # or date of the test.
I personally dont consider some of the cars on the list as factory produced or available street cars that were readily available.