FAST trigger input

T

talent

I am using a bank to bank Speed-Pro for my Toyota. I would like to use the cam trigger in the distributor for and input. I have used the cam triggers in Hondas before successfully. However I do not know how the 2 wheels inside the dist need to be modified to obtain the correct signals. The attached image is the diagram for the innards if the dist. It is a 3S-GTE engine found in MR2's and GT4's.

Attachments

• dist.gif
    dist.gif
    28.5 KB · Views: 92
I understand that it doesn't need a cam trigger but I wanted to use the cam trigger instead of fabricating a crank trigger. Thanks for your speedy reply.

Craig, you helped us at Modern Muscle outside of Detroit a few years ago with our Honda. It's making over 600 hp now with the Speed-Pro and 96lb injectors.

OK, exactly what are you referring to by "cam sensor" then? If you mean that you want to trigger the ignition from the distributor rather than from a crank trigger, that's no problem provided the distributor has 4 lugs on the reluctor wheel inside it. Just connect the output wires from the sensor in the distributor pickup to the crank wires in the harness.

I attached a diagram of the cam sensor. It has two sensors within it. One has 20 teeth and one has a single tooth. I figure I need to remove 16 of the teeth of the 20 tooth wheel and do something with the other, but at what angle in relation to TDC? Then there are 4 wires exiting the sensors which need to connect to the crank trigger input. Can you take a look at the diagram and give any suggestions.