FAST timing table bubble!

Bmason

-Damn Skippy-
I'm now using the WINDOWS version (1.005) and I'm having some issues with the Spark Advance table bubble.

When viewing the timing table, the bubble indicates 1/2 the RPM's tag reading. The indicated RPM on the bottom of the screen is correct, just the bubble is off. I'm using a 400 cell width and if I rev the motor to 1,000, the bubble is just past 400 (by the table's legend). I can take it up to 3,000 and it's right at 1,600! This is not the case when viewing the VE or AFR table. They both read exactly what the TACH says and what is RPM tag says.

I've changed the table size both UP and DOWN, but it still reads 1/2 of the RPM's tag. I've ended the WINDOWS version and started the DOS version, and everything is reading correctly.

Is this an isolated problem that I'm having or is there a BUG FIX that I've missed?

thanks / Bobby

Let's try two simple things first:

First, did it only do this once? If so, restart Windows and try again. See if this has any impact.

If nothing happens as a result of this, uninstall and reinstall C-ComWP. It sounds as if a file has been corrupted and this should hopefully take care of it. The version you have is current and we have no such trouble here.

I've had the exact same problem and also had the bubble
get stuck horizontally in the map values (ve tables).
I keep a copy of my current config files in a seperate directory and reinstall c-com wp. Works fine once reloaded.

...that fixed it!

Craig / BobbyP:

Thanks for your help. Re-installing the software took care of it. Bobby, I'll also take your advice on storing the config files in a seperate directory.

If it ever happens again, at least I can do a quick fix and keep running.

-Bobby

HEEEEEEEELP

Well its been two weeks that i tune with Fast and i have had this problem all the time.
I do the set up again , and it works, but the problem comes everytime.
Here is the picture: i go on an open road to log some files and then i see that the bubble is in a wrong position..........i do the set up while in the truck in the midle of the road and then have to change the dash for the log:mad: I have to do this thing almost every time
Please Help................:confused:

Nightdiver, what version of C-Com WP are you using? Current version is 1.005. Yo uwill find this by selecting Help/About from the pulldown menu. It will say version 1.0 on the disk label but I need to know the extra digits that you will only find in the "About" screen.

Also, make sure your number of cylinders setting in the setup parameters screen is set correctly. I have seen a few rare cases where this value would get corrupted. Everything will work improperly if this is the case.

Let me know what you come up with... thanks.

CCom WP Version REL A
Version 1.005
Built Date Nov 27 2001 10:57:56
Expiration None
Dealer ID 000
Ecu Serial#2840
Ecu Dealer#7

All the settings were very carefully setted but i double checked as you said and found right
Now what ?
Thank you
PS:when i did the set up again,i just did the set up without doing Uninstall first.I think its also OK this way (or not ?)