Fast sequential upgrade from B2B, parts needed?

Superskwrl

I've tried to search, but there is some conflicting info as far as what distributor to use.My car is an 1988 5.0 mustang

Right now my car has a B2B system, using a stock ford TFI distributor and msd 6al ignition box.

My new parts so far are:
FAST sequential box PN# 30213310
Magnetic crank trigger kit.

Ultimately my question is what distribtor should i use, can i use the stock tfi+ the crank trigger to get true sequential, or can only random sequential be had using the TFI?

The following pn#'s have come up in my search as distributors guys are using with sequential.
MSD 2382 (small cap)
MSD 8598 (large cap)
MSD 8579 (smal cap)
MSD 8582 (large cap)
Is one better than the rest... or there are just alot of options, seems like the last 2 are the same (less the cap)from there descriptions on summitracing.com

Another concern is the features of the sequential system, i cam across a thread saying the sequential box does not have Fan or Fuel pump control, is this accurate? I tried looking on the fast site, but seems the have the XFI info only, or maybe i missed it?

Thanks

Your TFI can be converted to give you a cam signal. An easier way is to buy whichever of the MSD distributors fits your engine and use it.

Well, your new part number is setup for IPU IAC. Depending on how long ago you had it done, you should have Fan control, IAC control, and Seq. Now if you are going to want to run it as TFI, you would have to call FAST and get a RMA to have it converted to TFI, which will cost you about $50 (as long as it is already Seq.)

The down side to going to TFI, is that you will lose your Fan control. The Seq. TFI's only have IAC control, no fan or nitrous. You are correct about the fuel pump control, it won't be there. But I have seen others just hook their fuel pump up to run off of a switch, easy enough done.

Thanks Guys, i just got it back from FAST, they converted it from 2 stage n20, to IAC. I didnt know til i was searching for the distributor about the fuel pump, or laque of certainly a kick in the pants.

Thanks Again
You V6 guys are all right ;)