FAST problems have you seen this

TD2593

Grumpy
Motor has not been fired for several days, put the lap top on the ECU this morning before the engine was fired to make adjustments before hand. All tables are totally screwed up, the fuel table is all 200 straight across, spark is 63.8 straight across, AF table is 15.9 straight across. Nothing was changed to cause this. Disconnected from ECU, reconected samething. Loaded ECU back up with correct tune up, loaded fine all parameters, motor starts same as before but the wide band O2 will not talk with the ECU AF is 0.0 !! The guys as FAST have never heard of this before ??? All wiring is fine no connections have been shorted, battery charger was never on while ECU was powered, everything is OK with the wiring and motor. Whats up with this ??? The ECU seems to have lost its memory and now in need of recalibrating for my wide band O2 have you seen this before ?

I have seen this before but it is rare. Did your battery get low? Low battery voltage has been a contributing factor in the cases I have seen this. Your ECU has reset itself.

I can resolve this for you quite simply. Either reply to this post with your ECU serial number or send me an email at craig@fuelairspark.com with that info and I can send you something that will fix the problem. The serial number is written on the black label on the underside of the ECU.

Craig the serial number is 03060 3060 my email is rushunt@lorettotel.net if you have any questions concerning this
feel free to pop me an email and I will get you my phone #. I need to get this corrected ASAP Ive got a dyno apointment set. Thanks

Craig is this a problem that has been resolved, this is EXACTLY what i'm afraid of on my daily driver. If you disconnect the battery does this happen every time?

Thanks

I will send you a file Monday that will take care of the problem. I can't do it from home, plus I am moving this weekend.

This is not a "problem" that needs to be resolved. It is extremely rare. Maybe the third time I have seen it. I understand your concerns but please don't think this is something to expect. There is circuitry in the ECU meant to keep this from happening, but there are rare circumstances where it is possible for this to happen.

Loading a saved calibration will restore the tuneup info but there is info programmed at the factory that needs to be restored. It can be restored with an option file I can create at work.

Superskwrl, i have a battery disconnect switch on my car... it sometimes sits for 2 weeks with the switch off (no power to the ECU)... i've also cut the kill switch while the car was running... and many other situations of pulling and restoring power to the ECU... i've been doing this for years... and i've never had my calibration altered or lost... so i'd have to agree that this is not normal behavior... your daily driver should be fine with the FAST...