FAST/knock sensor install?

Superskwrl

I'd like to add a knock sensor to my 5.0 mustang, which has a FAST b2b, what do i need for parts, just the actual sensor or do i need a module as well etc

Thanks for looking

U need both the Knock Sensor and ESC module, and they have to come from the same car. U can't mix one with another unless the part numbers are the same. I use one from an 87 Monte Carlo SS 5.0 vin G

Thanks for the response, how do i go about wiring it in, i think the FAST has 1 wire labeled "ESC", i'd think that there would be more wires from the module??

Also what is the best sensor/module setup to use, the engine has a hyd roller cam, and forged pistons, which i've heard can cause a false alarm?? I'm not sure of any GM vechile's that have forged pistons stock??

Thanks Again

This was answered in a previous post, but here goes again
from the ESC module
A = no wire
B = 12 volt key on
C = ESC signal TO ECM (wire from FAST)
D = ground
E = Knock Sensor

This is typical of '86 - '89.

'90 and up the ESC was located in the ECM. There is no 'best' sensor. They just have to match. A module from a 87 S-10 will not work with a knock sensor from a '86 Camaro, so they say. You have to use a matched set, both from the same model car and year. I know that the ESC and knock sensor from a '87 Monte Carlo SS 5.0 vin G works. To desensitize the knock sensor, wrap plumbers tape around the threads, about 4 or 5 times, then screw into block ( or where ever) tight enuf it doesn't leak, but loose enuf that engine noise doesn't set it off.
:D

Is the GN module built into the ecm??? I've called a bunch of local parts places and they dont have a listing for it??
How much should i expect to pay for either part sensor/module, the prices vary dramatically from different parts places

Thaknks:)

I finally got around to buying the module, and sensor itself, but i now have 2 problems

1. the module is not marked ABCDE, its brand new from ac delco, does anyone know which terminals are which?

2. Both the module and knock sensor seem to be made for some type of weather pack? connector, i called my local deal and FAST and neither had any idea what i was tallking about, anyone know where i can get these pieces?

Thanks guy, i was able scrounge both connectors from the junk yard, and the connector for the module has ABCDE embossed on it. which for future reference, with the terminals pointing towards you ABCDE is left to right

Anyone have any advice on installing the sensor itself, an old timer who worked @ a dealer when the GN's were knew said there was a procedure to install it but couldn't remember what it was :confused: