Falls flat....

DeltaBravo

Retired U.S. Army/Navy
Hello all,

I've got a new problem and would like some guidance please.

Recently, I've notice two things occurring. The first thing that started happening is at full throttle the car falls flat, like dropping a cylinder or two. 3/4 throttle she fells good and strong, but as soon as you go full throttle, she's like...what'evs...don't feel like going right now...maybe later.

Shortly afterwards...about a couple of weeks of driving and trouble shooting I started having issue of knock anywhere from 1-3 degrees in any gear.

Fuel pressure is 43 (line off)
Boost is 16 and seems steady
Fuel pressure rises 1lbs/ pound of boost and holds at 60psi.

Adjusting fuel pressure at the regulator or scan master up or down doesn't help. Also tried adjusting the timing...didn't help either.

Boost leak? Spark?

Thanks

So,

If anyone out there has a know "good" stock (AC delco) MAF sensor I may borrow for trouble shooting, I would be greatly in your debt....well maybe some beers or something like that.

I live in Redondo Beach and could drive to you...thanks!

update...

while doing a visual inspection on the cam sensor and cleaning the maf sensor, I notice a large boost signal leak. Coming from the turbo to my boost regulator. I believe this would cause some definite fuel/spark map issues. I simple cut off the bad part and reinstalled.

After reinstalling everything and updating my tune back to normal parameters (before the issue)...I am still getting knock. But only in 3rd gear, which is better than before. Also, still seems to falls flat...but is chirping the tires going into second, which is normal and wasn't doing that before.

So...knock is better (doesn't happen in all gears, only in 3rd).
chirping the tires into second, but still feels weak at times.

I will try the cam sensor test (disconnect)

Thanks again

Attachments

• IMG_1874.JPG
    IMG_1874.JPG
    1,014.2 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1875.JPG
    IMG_1875.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 90
I do have a known good MAF u can try . what are your MAF reading when u go WOT ? I believe they are supposed to be 255 . also what are your plugs gapped at ? ohm out your coil pack from post to post on the same coil they should be around 12-13 on a cold coil pack

I am just glad it was an easy and free fix.

Vacuum lines are pretty new and all are zipped tied except for that one...I will take care of that this week.

After some tunning she is running strong.

thanks