Factory Security Light

Tonyrodz

I noticed the other night while hitting the power lock switch, to lock the doors, the security light stopped blinking, as it should, and lit steadily . I closed the door but the security light never went off. I know it's supposed to go off after about 30 seconds. I kept playing with the door locks and kept locking and unlocking the driver and passenger side doors with the key, nothing! I had to disconnect the battery to get the light off. Even just pushing the locks down with my hands didn't work, light kept flashing. Anyone run into this problem before? Any ideas? Thx for any and all help.

There are switches inside of the doors on the locks. They are a pain in the ass to get too !! Possible that one has gone out. The troubleshooting guide is in the service manual.

Bryan

There are switches inside of the doors on the locks. They are a pain in the ass to get too !! Possible that one has gone out. The troubleshooting guide is in the service manual.

Bryan
Is the service manual online or in the forum? Thx for the reply.

There is a link posted somewhere in the forums where you can download it and burn it to a CD.

Can't get it

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150930_0001.png
    wp_ss_20150930_0001.png
    82.6 KB · Views: 131
I hope someone can help me. My alarm system went south on me. Had my local mechanic put in a new brake booster and master cylinder. They disconnected the battery and now my alarm system constantly engages, even when the key is cycled in the locks along with the door lock switches. Couldn't even unlock the doors with the key cause the power door locks kept acuating. Had to disconnect the theft deterrent module. Had to also physically get inside the doors and fix the locks. Was told i need a new module but have no clue where to get one cause it's discontinued! HELP!

Firstly, why disconnect the battery to install a brake booster? I assume you have vacuum brakes ?

Does your chip have a theft deterrent?

Bryan

Yes, it has vacuum brakes. It does have a factory alarm according to the options list I was able to get from a local dealer. It also has the security light on the instrument cluster, that always flashed like it should have and disengaged when I unlocked the door with the key. The mechanic that worked on the car and disconnected it said was located by the driver's side kick panel under the dash. I never had a problem with it until they did the brake booster.