Factory Iron heads

LUCKY1313

A freind offered me a set worked heads with some porting done to them. I dont know how much but they had a multi angle valve job and was suppost to flow somewhere around 210/168 @ 600. They are still wraped in plastic and oiled down and the price is supper cheap so I am going to buy them anyway but was wandering how much HP would a head that flowed this support. I dont remember exactly what the mid lift flow numbers where but it was pretty good. They also had new valves,guides,springs & retainers so for $150.00 I am sure they will be good for my stock engine( he showed me the bill that was WAY,way more than this) he just has no use for them and we are friends. Ofcourse I know I need the supporting mods,turbo ect,ect to reach max levels of the heads but what will they support.

Jess

Kinda hard to say without midlift numbers as that is where they will spend most of there time. .600 lift numbers don't really matter as you're cam probably isn't going to achieve that amount of lift. Also, "what they'll support" is up in the air because their are about a million variables. Get all the numbers and figure the percentage of differance between them and stock numbers. This would give you a rough guesstimate of how much more power you'll make under the same conditions but even that could be pretty far off as you will be under boost and the heads are flowed under vacuum. HTH james