Factory Buick Motorsports 86/87 Valvecovers...?

Matt Golden

87 Buick Grand National Valve Covers: eBay Motors (item 200501739285 end time Jul-31-10 18:15:48 PDT)

This guy locally is selling these along with some other stuff on Ebay. I'm mostly curious to know if anyone has seen these before. I had a set(this could be them, but they were sold out of state, so I doubt it). Mine had no part number, but were stock style construction(other than the raised lettering everything is the same as 86/87 covers). I sent him a message to see if I could find out where he's located cause I wanted to check them out to see if they are the same ones or where he found them. Haven't gotten a response, but maybe he'll get back to me. Anyway, they end at 9 and I don't have the loot to get em right now(wish I'd held on to my set), so maybe someone can figure it out or knows or buys them and can tell me what's up with em. Thanks

I have a set also. They never leaked, but I took them off to intall my TA covers. They are pretty common. I think he is reaching when he says "You will not find another set". They are worth about $125.00 though. In my opinion.

Attachments

• DSC00398 (Medium).jpg
    DSC00398 (Medium).jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 484
Nice! Thanks for posting.
I met the guy finally. He doesn't know too much about our cars. He owned one years ago and said he sold it to buy a boat...go figure. He seems pretty knowledgeable about some things with the cars, but not much when it comes to aftermarket, tuning, stage I/II stuff, or any of the finer points of what is going on with the cars today...as opposed to back in '98 when he was modding his.
Seems like he knows what he's got but he just wants it gone. I told him to post it here and it would probably sell and bring more money.
He did have one wrecked GN I saw in the back and looked like a plain NA Regal sitting on the back of his property, but I didn't get to go back there and check. Tried to buy the wrecked car, but no luck :(

I still have 3 sets that I bought from ATR back in the day. I believe Kenny D made these covers or his son did. I'll double check my dusty ATR catalogs. These retailed for $150/pr. All came with wrinkled black finish, but some chose to bead blast them. Hope this helps.

I still have 3 sets that I bought from ATR back in the day. I believe Kenny D made these covers or his son did. I'll double check my dusty ATR catalogs. These retailed for $150/pr. All came with wrinkled black finish, but some chose to bead blast them. Hope this helps.

They were made by Chris his son in law. stop making them about 4 or 5 years ago when he got a call from GM.