Extrrnal oiling systems

jpwalt1987

After having had some issues with bearings in my pro built motor after several years of hard use and high boost, I have been contemplating the use of an external style oil pump.
There are several manufacturers of this style plate to bolt on in place of the stock oil filter adapter. The names I know are DLS, T/A, Duttwieler, and White racing.
I would like opinions from people who have used the different ones and the pros and cons of each.
I see T/A sells just the plate for about $250 bare. I have tons of -10 fittings and hoses so plumbing will not be a problem.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

There's probably more info in the Stage II section. Question though- what you consider hard use and high boost. The stock oiling does pretty well deep into the 10's and even 9 second power without much real issue - at least the HV versions anyway.

5000-6000 miles over 3 years and many WOT pulls at 26-30 psi and 6000-6500 rpm every time it was driven. Ran 130mph the first time to the track with a loose convertor on 26-27 psi. I ordered the TA plate today and will make up my hoses when the time comes.

B4 you "reinvent the wheel" and spend a bunch of $$, did you data log the oil psi to confirm psi loss?
What are you using for an oil pan?

If everything is set up right the stock oiling system will take you well into the 8s with out any problems.

Stock oil pan with a PTE turbo saver and VR1 10W30. No log of oil pressure unfortunately at wot. I have another thread about the damage labeled "engine autopsy"