Exhaust ?

Turbo-J

Gold "Member" Ya Baby!!!
I heard putting chambered exhaust on turbo cars is not good & a straight threw system is best, is this true? and why? When people refer to chambered mufflers they always mention mufflers like Flowmaster that have internal baffels.

What about the chambered tubes like what stainless steel works have, (similar to what they used on the 69" Camaro) you can see threw them & no packing material to blow out, they say they flow as well as Magnaflow if not better. Even thow its considered chambered, would this be a good choice for turbo cars? Any thoughts or insight would be great, thanks!!!

The problem you run into is the restriction kills your boost. If you have a straight shot your engine will breath better and the turbo will spool much better.

I don't understand how if a Flowmaster is chambered another muffler you can see through could be considered chambered too. The Flowmaster builds higher backpressure than a flow through muffler. I would think any muffler you could look through would be a better choice to keep spool up faster. This one from stainless steel works, is it traverse behind the axle? They are really expensive, but I guess that will be the last one you ever need.

If a Flowmaster is considered chambered as are these mufflers also:
Stainless Works - Stainless Steel Exhaust Systems
But, yet these are striaght threw chambered, if that makes sence. Would this type of chambered muffler work on a turbo car.

I'm just trying to figure out what kind of system I can use & be a little different fit my TTA. Check out this link from GMMG chambered exhaust:
GMMG Chambered Exhaust
Would this chambered system be ok on a turbo car, its a straight threw design. Just trying to figure out the different types of chamberd mufflers, like these you can see threw & others like flowmaster w/baffles, you can't. Any ideas or thoughts?

i have flowmaster 2.5 on my gn right now and it sounds okay....but from what i read straight threw is better!!! so i just ordered a cotton 3 inch magnaflows hope it sounds great!!