Exhaust

XRated

Is that a Monte Carlo?
Does anyone know if someone makes a stainless replacement exhaust for the GNX? My car is starting to throw out rust pieces when it's started and I want to change/save it before it gets totally rusted out. I know ATR used to make a stainless set up and Kirban's sells an aluminized pipe set. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

I have the ATR one on mine. But they are long gone. Best bet will be Kirban for now.

A Definite Maybe

I have the same problem with mine. Several months ago I asked Dennis about a replacement exhaust and he said Rich Clark made several but those are gone. He was going to ask him if he was going to make any more.
I have not heard further and will ask Rich Clark at the 9/15-16 reunion event. I'm sure if there was enough interest, he would do so. Will let you know what response I get.

I have the same problem with mine. Several months ago I asked Dennis about a replacement exhaust and he said Rich Clark made several but those are gone. He was going to ask him if he was going to make any more.
I have not heard further and will ask Rich Clark at the 9/15-16 reunion event. I'm sure if there was enough interest, he would do so. Will let you know what response I get.

I'm not surprised Rich Clark had something to do with the GNX exhaust that Kirban sells. I think that he bought all of ATR's buick inventory when they closed

Near NOS Exhaust

If anybody needs photos or measurements, I have a complete original GNX exhaust for one of mine (CAT back) hanging on my garage wall.

It was a new car take off (or nearly so) when the ATR system went on. But interestingly (and fortunately) it was not scrapped (as was often the case) but was instead retained by the first owner. What's more that exhaust (complete, bolted back together in one piece) has traveled with the car through each subsequent owner. Someone did paint it silver, but I suppose that's helped to protect it all these years.

Funny-- when I had that X delivered, I specified that it be top level only on the truck, knowing that the exhaust system (and 8 tires) would have to go on the lower level and not near the car. And the sure enough when it arrived, my exhaust was on the bottom of the truck along with the tires, tucked underneath a Porsche 959 (not mine) with only inches to spare.

One of these days I will gently strip (blast it) back to virgin surface and clear it. Then I can hang it inside the house as a conversation piece. :)

Doug

I was able to order an exhaust kit from Kirbans this week. They said it would be around 2-3 weeks before it would ship to me. It is aluminized with Magna Flow mufflers. I think they said it would be around $585 shipped.