Exhaust, muffler recommendation

Hi my name is David an I am a "No drone-er"

I just had a dual 2.5 ATR with pitbull mufflers installed and I have no drone at all.

I see this quite frequently... Those ATR guys built a dam good muffler! lol. Also heard some things about the Quiet flows. Can't wait to try them.

I have a GN1 3 inch and I love the looks and sound of it at idle. But that sh!t drones like a mf. I don't want to take it off, but it kills me.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a GN1 3 inch and I love the looks and sound of it at idle. But that sh!t drones like a mf. I don't want to take it off, but it kills me.....

Just open the dump. She'll vibrate so much you'll never be able to hear any "drone".......... :D
Actually, I don't experience any drone and I have the very same system. I love the system.

It must be a user thing. Maybe some folks are more sensitive to certain frequencies than others are.

The fact that I'm as deaf as a fence post might have something to do with it.......

Last edited:
You capped one side off? Why? Just for the noise reduction experiment?

VRRRRRRROOOOOM, Putt, putt, putt............ :eek:

Though he does say he has a boost activated dump pipe.......... 2.5 inches max???????

Last edited:
VRRRRRRROOOOOM, Putt, putt, putt............ :eek:

Though he does say he has a boost activated dump pipe.......... 2.5 inches max???????
That was the original plan.
But a true guru and Fucking turbo buick genius (pacecarta) suggested we change things up a little bit.

Does it drone at cruising speeds?

Think so. Never heard drone before, I think I know what it is. A noise that vibrates or resonates a frequency such that the sound is flatlined

That was the original plan.
But a true guru and Fucking turbo buick genius (pacecarta) suggested we change things up a little bit.

I wouldn't know what a Buick Guru or Genius is.......

That must be why I had Lou Czarnota build my car.

It's a real fucking slug.:D

I wouldn't know what a Buick Guru or Genius is.......

That must be why I had Lou Czarnota build my car.

It's a real fucking slug.:D

What does that have anything to do with exhaust drone?

My worthless opinion for those looking for a quiet ride and still have a good system, capping one side on a dual setup is probably the best way to quiet the car down and still have the benefits of a free flowing exhaust when needed.

Really? Capping or limiting one side really helps with drone?
I am clueless.
But
I confirmed this on two different cars with different types of exhaust systems
Car 1 - 3 inch dp, 3 to 2 2.5 Y summit straight through mufflers.

Car 2 - 3 inch dp, ATR dual system with pitbull mufflers.

Both no drone at all.

My car is the white car in the left lane with Dynomax Ultra Flows, pipes 2.5 cat back and Houston Downpipe.

The car in the other lane is a GN with Walker Ultra Flows, Hooker car back and Houston downpipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QU

Respectfully disagree. I just put mine on a month ago. Purrs like a kitten at idle, and if anything, is quieter than I expected at cruise.

I could be tone deaf, but I'm not hearing any drone.

Last edited: