exhaust leak

christian237

the other day my car over heated down the street from my pad 240 degrees from average 165-180 i didnt notice till my car was sounding way of the fan neg wire burned so the fan wasnt running. after cooling down and ran the engine for a minute to make sure all was good it still sounded loud after a quick search i noticed air coming out from around the turbo exhaust housing or so i thought it was dark in the car port so i noticed a blue spark. the next morning i wake up and rush to check the engnie bay. turns out that the weld from the passenger side header to the external wastegate became undone. the pipe connecting the external to the header is 2 1/2 in wide the undone weld is over 1 1/2. so besides the loud leak can i damage the engine if i drive the car to get the pipe rewelded?

No, but you may want to vent the window for fresh air. I also think you should figure out why the ground burned.

When wires start melting you probably should do a little more than just put a thicker wire on. How far you planning on driving with the crack?

im gonna go to a car electrician to go threw my car for any short. the most is 30 mins to the guy who welded the header to the wastegate. im wondering y their was a blue spark in the crack?

you could always put some high temp rtv around the crack (at long as it's not too wide) just to keep it sealed til you get to where your going. I'd unplug the wastegate as well so your not running any boost til you get it all sorted out.