exhaust/downpipe question

BW Jones

:confused: what is the secret to getting the stock downpipe to fit correctly when using a set of Hooker Headers on a hotair set-up? all input is appreciated.

bw jones

I don't know the answer but ditch the hooker headers. They're worse than stock. They will literally slow you down.

I don't know the answer but ditch the hooker headers. They're worse than stock. They will literally slow you down.

are the stock hot air headers the best choice without having to take out a second mortgage to buy parts???:D

Postons!!!

I was checking out Postons today and they have a set of headers for us Hot Air guys. I personally don't know how good they really are, but they look like they flow good, they are ceramic coated and the headers and crossover pipe is right around $600 so I figure it is a pretty good deal. I plan to purchase a set myself in September. So I really won't know till then. JMO.

Lee Thompson or Kenne-Bell were the best but neither are made anymore. Duttweiler had some cool ones back in the old days too that made a .5 second difference. Postons will probably get you 90% of the benefit of the more expensive headers and I'm sure they will take you to the 10s.