Estimated Horsepower with new combo

Dr. Jeckel

Ok..I know people ask these types of questions all the time and I know it is hard to say a certain horsepower. But I was just wondering what kinda horsepower I should expect. I had my heads pcket ported with a three angle valve job. The I got them back and did a port match on the heads to the intake gasket and a port match on the intake along with polishing it. I am putting on the THDP and installing a 212/212 comp cam. I used cometic HG's and 190,000 psi ARP head bolts.
I am planning on running a max of 25psi and was wondering if anyone had a horsepower estimate with my new combo in my sig. I am using the stock converter for a while now since I like a little lag with my street tires, since it is my everyday driver. I know how much a converter and some slicks will help, but that will be later, when this car becomes a second car.
I don't want this to turn into a...."well i used cometics and they did this" or "you should've used this cam"
I am just looking for people who have a similar combo and have done dyno runs or know of someone with a similar combo.
I am guessing somewhere around 470-500rwhp, considering my tune is up to par, which it will be.
Am I way off or pretty close?
Thanks, James.

I think you guessed correctly assuming good race gas and higher timing.

Good pump gas and alky. prolly 440-450. :cool:

Thanks salvage.
Well all runs will be on pump gas and alky...since thats why I got the alky:)
I have noticed most people don't go over 25psi, this is the reason why I am sticking to that number, But is this kinda the edge for our cars bottom end or can the bottom end(considering no detonation) handle say 30 psi? Of course I'm not sure of how efficient my turbo would be at that psi and if my injectors would hold up.

One would think the turbo would be done around that number (25) with ported heads and cam, someone here should know.

I run 27psi. with my 70 but don't have ported heads and cam. and shift at 5200 rpm max.

If yours is the typical turbotweak 23-21 timing chip you prolly will see 460HP maybe more perhaps if you keep the detonation and retard away.

Not easy to make all that much horsepower on pump gas and alky. without tip top tuning.

But I'd rather be a bit rich than lean. :eek: ;)

Good luck!

I'd rather be rich too, than loose a piston or HG:)

What kinda torque am I looking at with this combo?
Also what are some quarter mile times/mph I should expect with about a 3psi launch, with good traction, at 3600 ft elevation. I am just running street tires and a stock converter, but at 2-3 psi I should get decent traction.
The car is not going to be a drag car, since its my everyday driver. I don't have anything to compare my car to, to get an idea of my perfeormance with current setup and just want some kinda idea of what to expect. Are my mods good for 11's with current setup or am I going to have to put some slicks on and a converter to get some 11's?
It is going to be awhile before I can get to a strip so I was just curious of what to expect when I go.
Thanks, James.

MOst people dont go over 25lbs ......................Yeah 25 lbs with a 100 shot of NITROUS ! The car likes it that way 25psi+the Juice . I just picked up a spare bottle . I shot the 150 on the street with lower timming . Nitrous fixes everything .

Anybody know of estimated 1/4 times with my horsepower/combo?
Just wondering, since it will be awhile till I get to see for myself.
Thanks, James.

galoush,

were you out on edison ave. i heard some GN out there with a turbo rx7 :D

anyways probably seen your car, hit me up on the PM

Around 11.50-.40 in an average weight car and average 60ft.

Proably in the 30's with a good 60ft.

JMO.