Error Codes

first turbo

CHECKED CODES,BY JUMPING A TO B SES LIGHT FLASHES. DID NOT BRING UP CODE 12. I THOUGHT 12 SHOULD COME UP.

Were you trying with the engine on, or just the ingnition in the "on" position but with the engine off? Did you have any accessories going? Mine only worked right when I had the key on, engine off, and nothing else going (my car has electrical demons). As soon as I shut the fan and the CD player down, it worked fine. It takes a second, but it should give you three seperate code 12 readings if you do it right. Just keep at it, these cars can be finickey.

IGNITION ON MOTOR OFF, RADIO MUST HAVE BEEN ON ITS ALWAYS ON WILL TRY AGAIN. CAN I LEAVE THE JUMPER IN WHILE DRIVING AND PICK UP CODES. NOT HAVING ANY REAL PROBLEM JUST THOUGHT I WOULD CHECK.
THANKS

If you leave the diagnostic link grounded while the engine is running, the computer will be in field service mode. It will not provide you any codes in this mode. The frequency of the flashes will determine closed or open loop and rich or lean. It will also change injection from sequential to multipoint. And may limit fuel and spark.