Engine

Josh Mohesky

When I start the car it sounds like alternator is going out. Changed the alternator and still hear a clicking noise. Please help

Lose the serpentine belt for a minute and start the engine - then see what noises you have?
You sure it's coming from the alternator?
These engines can make a lot of funny "clicking" noises.
Belt tensioner? Those can bounce around and click.

#2 checks the brackets make shure none are broken or lose. But probably the tensioner.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Don't think its the alternator. Just hear a clicking noise. I have 2 of these cars and my other one doesn't have the clicking sound even though it's not stroked and doesn't have the bigger turbo. The one I am worried about is pushing 700 hp with 30lbs of boost

Is it clicking and not turning over??

No - I think he means its "clicking" at idle...
"Clicking" means alot of things.
But my guess would be tensioner bouncing or tensioner bearing - it's in the neighborhood.
But so is the Cam sensor and they too can get clicky if worn too much.
Yeah kids - let's play "Guess my Click" :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Starts and runs fine. Got the rear end out right now but will have it going again by the weekend We will see then

Don't think its the alternator. Just hear a clicking noise. I have 2 of these cars and my other one doesn't have the clicking sound even though it's not stroked and doesn't have the bigger turbo. The one I am worried about is pushing 700 hp with 30lbs of boost

LOL - please - don't take this wrong way - but for a guy who has 700 HP Turbo Regals running redzone boost levels - you might need to bone up on the fundamentals a little.
I'll go out on a limb and assume you didn't build these cars?

Built one. But not the other. Put my grocery getter together but bought the other one from my cousin who built it. Ive always been a big block guy. But when I got the money I bought the car I've always wanted. Still kinda new to the turbo world. That's why I am trying to get all the info I can. Carburetors and motors are easy. Just a lot of electronics and shit that goes with these cars. If you don't want to help don't reply

Built one. But not the other. Put my grocery getter together but bought the other one from my cousin who built it. Ive always been a big block guy. But when I got the money I bought the car I've always wanted. Still kinda new to the turbo world. That's why I am trying to get all the info I can. Carburetors and motors are easy. Just a lot of electronics and shit that goes with these cars. If you don't want to help don't reply

It's all good brother.
It's just when I hear somebody say 'I got a Stage 2 motor with super flux capacitor installed - Now where is the oil fill cap anyone?"
Makes me shudder....

Pull the belt off and see if you have any play or grinding with any of the pulleys.