Engine Runs With The Key Shut Off.help

sounds like something is on an ign circut that shouldnt be,and/or the fans are keeping car running.....

yes,have it hotwired,car started and shut off normal three or four times and then started doing this.you can go to shut the car off and it still stays running.

Did this just happen all of a sudden or did you wire something in and now it doesn't shut off?

Years ago I had a ash tray fuel pump switch wired into a relay that kept the car running when the key was turned off. If you have any other add-on relays that's not factory such as a hot wired fuel pump, coolant fan switches try to disconnect them and put it back stock if possible. I think if you keep power to the fuel pump B+ the engine will keep running also. Also, I think if you keep power to the injector B+ fuse the engine will keep running. I'm just naming stuff off the top of my head. The ignition switch can cause it. Pinched wire feeding power to fuses?

might have figured it out,fuel pump runs all the time .as soon as you hook the battery up,key off the pump runs. tomorrow we will check the relays out to to the fuel pump.

Check the factory oil pressure switch plug by the oil filter. I had this happen before when the plug got hot and 2 of the connectors were touching. There are 3 wires on the plug. I don't remember the specifics, but seem to remember that when the wires touch the pump will either get continuous power or no power at all depending on which wires are touching. My plug got hot because I had installed an aftermarket oil pressure gauge, removed the stock sender, and just let the plug hang out of the way. It got against the block long enough and got hot.

Could be the ignition rack in the colum is broke, I think there is one on the GN it's a pot metal piece with teeth that goes on the ignition cylinder. If that broke after you started the car I think it will do what your talking about. HTH, Jason