Engine rev's up at the stop light on it's own!!

SHEPP2

Hi, I have a 87 gn and I'm having a idling problem at the light the check engine light has flash once or twice also at the light. My fuel gauge has moved around a few times but normally goes back to 43psi. This morning I let it warm up then when driving know problems as soon as I stopped at the light it rev up while I'm on the brake fuel pressure at 48psi. Like it wants to take off on its own. My tps is set at 44. I will say this when accelerating it bogs down tell the turbo kicks in with a puff of black smoke and when slowing down it bogs as if gas is still flowing. Also whats the best way to check for a vacuum leak?

You need to go replace every rubber hose and check valve under the hood... Are you still running the stock flex hose from the MAF to the turbo? If so, tape up the hole on the backside where it rubbed through.

What code does the check engine light throw out? and what do you have to read the ECM data?

You need to go replace every rubber hose and check valve under the hood... Are you still running the stock flex hose from the MAF to the turbo? If so, tape up the hole on the backside where it rubbed through.

What code does the check engine light throw out? and what do you have to read the ECM data?

This, especially the check valve between the hard lines and EGR. You've got something wonky in your vacuum system.
http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-14047619-Cruise-Control-Vacuum/dp/B000C982H2
I just changed mine, and it made a WORLD of difference in my TR. It doesn't hurt that I replaced all of the vacuum lines too.

As stated above just a big ole vac leak somewhere. If you don't have a way to test all the lines and have a blowtorch laying around just run the gas all over the lines and you will hear the rpm change when you get it close to the leak. Hope you find it and get it squared away. Shouldn't be too hard to find :)

I have found that if you plug one vacuum line at a time coming off the vacuum block and let it idle for a while you will find the culprit. I use a golf tee and do one at a time until it runs right. You should be able to find it this way in less than 20 minutes. It is how I found out my PCV was bad. Couldn't use the golf tee on the PCV line though.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Thanks for all the replies I really do appreciate the help I will get on it this even....

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app