engine management

dreed7235

I was wondering who has the best engine management for the gn motor. I am trying to make about 500 at the wheels. Also what is the recomended
A/R for exhaust housing. This is the first time dealing with a gn. I have been building turbo honda motors for a while and came across this project. Any help would be appriciated. Thanks

The discussions on this board typically revolve around the XFI(and FAST), Big Stuff 3, and DFI. I think its been demonstrated that all will do the job.

-Bob C.

As Bob said, all of those will do the trick.

Heck, even the stock computer (with the right chip combination) is easilly capable of well in excess of 500hp to the rear. I've known plenty of folks making in excess of 700hp with the stock computer.

As for what A/R to run, it depends on a ton of variables, such as the turbo itself, your desired torque converter, and the overall combination in general... Need a ton more info to answer this one. I run a .85 on my rather mile TE44 turbo, but I've got a 3400+ torque converter to support it.

I was thinking of using about 3000 stall maybe a little less. The motor is pretty stock I plan on using bigger injectors and throttle body. I am going to fab up a custom manifold with equal length runners that position the turbo or possibly twin turbos above the valve covers. I am putting this set up in a 35 willies coupe. So it has to have a show quallity. I know there isn't much benefit of having twinnies but it might look pretty cool and still make good enough power to be able to compete. I have heard alot about fast engine management. About how much do they cost and is there anyone around the midwest that tunes them?

any suggestions of turbo size for singles and/or twin? I like using prescision turbo and I have heard a lot of guys using the p and q trims.