Engine issue looking for help

Night_train01

Hi all I am looking for some help in determining a problem with my friends GN. He was on the highway yesterday and was passing a car at 6 lbs of boost, then dead the engine back fired a couple times and he coasted to the side of the road. Once it was towed back home we started to diagnose the issue, it turns over fine and sputtered a few times but would not run at all. Luckily we are neighbours and I also have an 86 GN so we could swap parts from my car. We changed the entire ignition module, we changed the MAf, we changed computers. We then installed a new crank sensor, replaced the plugs which were flooded with gas from all the cranking, the fuel pressure is at 40 psi. We did get the car to run for a few seconds with a new computer and stock chip, it chugged and coughed then died. We removed the cap off the cam sensor, the screw was tight and it is turning when the motor cranks.
Not sure where to look next...any help would be greatly appriciated

Any smoke after the back firing? Any coolant missing? How's the oil look? Start there

Check the IAC ... Mine would do the same thing and wont keep running . My IAC was stuck closed .replaced it and it ran great . Might want to check that ? Just a thought

Has the timing chain been replaced yet?

Pull the oil fill neck and see if the rockers ever stop moving while cranking.

Well the misfiring, stalling backfiring issue has finally been resolved. The small pin that holds the cup on the top of the cam sensor was missing, the cup must have moved during hard acceleration. I bought a replacement cam sensor and then noticed the cup pin when I took apart the old cam sensor. Anyway, back to normal now.