Engine Cuts out and stumbles under boost...HELP PLEASE! `

Fix the source / cause of the incorrect information. Thats the kicker. Finding it.

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Fix the source / cause of the incorrect information. Thats the kicker. Finding it.

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Im not as technical as all of you, but would swapping the ecm do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I could say it again. In this case,there is not an insufficient amount of fuel being delivered to the fuel rail. This is exactly what I stated earlier. Nothing else. The problem is that the computer is dispensing the fuel to the cylinders in an erratic fashion because it is receiving bad information.There is no fuel delivery problem meaning the fuel pump,lines, filter,regulator,and voltage are not the problem. The computer is making bad decisions because it is receiving bad information. Corrupt information is the cause of the problem,not fuel supply. The oxygen sensor is delivering low numbers because it senses high amounts of oxygen in the exhaust stream. There is a lot of oxygen in the exhaust stream because of the computer commanding less on time for the injectors and incomplete combustion/misfires.

Ok, so one thing that reading this several times now has done for me is to give me another idea! One thing I have not done is to change the O2 sensor. I know the numbers are very erratic and I have said since the beginning that it feels like a fuel issue but I agree...the numbers are just all over the place and it is not a fuel delivery issue per se'. The fuel pump and lines are delivering a solid FP so that is not the problem however what if the O2 sensor is reading falsely which is exacerbating the issue and causing the computer to hunt and find the solution? Does that make sense...is it something worth trying?

I dont believe your chip uses the 02 sensor for fuel control / closed loop under WOT. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong. Doesnt mean you can't try it. But I doubt thats the problem. Other chips / 6.1/ sd2 use wideband for WOT fuel correction

Im not as technical as all of you, but would swapping the ecm do?

Hes done that. And much more. I would advise reading through the entire thread as painful as it may be [emoji23]

Ok, so one thing that reading this several times now has done for me is to give me another idea! One thing I have not done is to change the O2 sensor. I know the numbers are very erratic and I have said since the beginning that it feels like a fuel issue but I agree...the numbers are just all over the place and it is not a fuel delivery issue per se'. The fuel pump and lines are delivering a solid FP so that is not the problem however what if the O2 sensor is reading falsely which is exacerbating the issue and causing the computer to hunt and find the solution? Does that make sense...is it something worth trying?

I say it doesn't hurt to try.

Hes done that. And much more. I would advise reading through the entire thread as painful as it may be [emoji23]

Read it, but I was asking after reading the 02 theory explanation. ‍♂️

Raf's -T-Type also stated earlier that he once had a similar problem and the only thing he changed in between the problem was adding the PL. That made me sit back and think about what has changed (other than the new motor). Nick installed a new Fuel Pump and lines, we have confirmed that the fuel pressure is fine (maybe a little low but not low enough to cause this problem), just before I sent the car to Nick I installed the PL on the ECM, Nick also had someone build a set of IC pipes but they are not leaking so that is not the issue. The last thing that is different between this motor and the last motor is the PowerLogger, I installed that on the ECM right before sending the car to Nick. Now, keep in mind that we did try a known good ECM with a PowerLogger on it while I was in Phoenix and also tried a known good ECM without a PowerLogger installed while I was there however by that time the HG had already blown because I remember hearing the "tick, tick, tick" of the exhaust leak by then.

It is an easy thing for me to take the ECM out and remove the PL just to test it...is that worth the test? Like I said, it is one of only a few things that have been changed from this motor to the one before it which was running just fine but spun a rod bearing.

Wow, you not only have a reading comprehension issue, but also a writing comprehension disorder.

Do you recall that there are three fusible links coming off the power feed from the starter? And that they deteriorate over time... It is very possible that there is an issue with one or more of these fusible links
I'll take this to mean that you agree that I never said that the linked wires are connected to the battery terminal and that I never said that the linked wires were not hooked to the solenoid. I appreciate the correction however now you want everyone to believe that I said that the links never deteriorate and couldn't possibly be a cause of this symptom. None of the logs provided would lead anyone to suspect the links. However,I did mention that I would bridge them to test them. I also stated that based on Nick's story of how the engine shut off and all power to the car was cut,I am suspicious of the Ignition switch If you want to accuse me of saying something I didn't say, you can show us your reading comprehension at any time.Simply provide a quote of what you think I said and we will judge your comprehension fairly.

Yes its worth a try. It could theoretically effect things. For example, my non-resistor plug issue causing my ecm to reboot would only occur with the powerlogger installed. The powerlogger made the ecm more susceptible to RFI noise.

One thing I have not done is to change the O2 sensor.
At WOT,the O2 sensor only shows us what it sees. The computer doesn't use this information to adjust at WOT. What we do know is that the engine speed info is wrong. There's no way the computer can make good decisions when it is fed bad information. We need to find the cause of the bad info.

I dont believe your chip uses the 02 sensor for fuel control / closed loop under WOT. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong. Doesnt mean you can't try it. But I doubt thats the problem. Other chips / 6.1/ sd2 use wideband for WOT fuel correction

I am certainly not one to throw parts at a problem so if it doesn't make sense that could be the problem (and the logs really don't show that the O2 sensor is the cause but more of a symptom)
At WOT,the O2 sensor only shows us what it sees. The computer doesn't use this information to adjust at WOT. What we do know is that the engine speed info is wrong. There's no way the computer can make good decisions when it is fed bad information. We need to find the cause of the bad info.

Remember that the logs I have posted here are NOT WOT...I never made it to WOT before the problem began to exist. If not at WOT does the O2 sensor have any more say in what goes on with fueling or timing?

I am certainly not one to throw parts at a problem so if it doesn't make sense that could be the problem (and the logs really don't show that the O2 sensor is the cause but more of a symptom)

Remember that the logs I have posted here are NOT WOT...I never made it to WOT before the problem began to exist. If not at WOT does the O2 sensor have any more say in what goes on with fueling or timing?
It is in power enrichment mode and therefore ignores the O2.
Tho o2 sensor is showing us a symptom.

It is in power enrichment mode and therefore ignores the O2.
Tho o2 sensor is showing us a symptom.

ok, I was just thinking...unfortunately I am unable to mess with the car tonight. My grandmother is in bad shape (93 years old) and we brought her home to basically pass in her own bed. This was her request and I am going to be by her side tonight when it happens, family first. I am itching to get in the shop and re-torque the heads in order to get out and do another run after taking the PL off of the ECU. I don't hold much hope for that since we don't see any evidence of the ECU resetting but it is worth a shot before taking the dash apart and starting to chase down any wiring that could be in bad shape. I may do the headlight trick however I will need some help in the shop in order to make that happen or it will take an eternity to walk back and forth. Other than that I am still at a loss of what to try next....

ok, I was just thinking...unfortunately I am unable to mess with the car tonight. My grandmother is in bad shape (93 years old) and we brought her home to basically pass in her own bed. This was her request and I am going to be by her side tonight when it happens, family first. I am itching to get in the shop and re-torque the heads in order to get out and do another run after taking the PL off of the ECU. I don't hold much hope for that since we don't see any evidence of the ECU resetting but it is worth a shot before taking the dash apart and starting to chase down any wiring that could be in bad shape. I may do the headlight trick however I will need some help in the shop in order to make that happen or it will take an eternity to walk back and forth. Other than that I am still at a loss of what to try next....
The Lord restoreth that which he took not away.

Prayers are with your family.

I was thinking was the tps checked? Some one on just told me that his friend repaired a Gn with the same issue and tps on was on backwards. You seem very mechanically inclined but hey just thought Id throw it out there.

Prayers are with your family.

I was thinking was the tps checked? Some one on just told me that his friend repaired a Gn with the same issue and tps on was on backwards. You seem very mechanically inclined but hey just thought Id throw it out there.

Thank you gentlemen...