Emissions time ... :(

DJay

GN Novice.
Well i've been enjoying my 3" THDP with dump til now.

Not quite sure what CAT would work with the 3" DP. Any ideas? Is there a cheap one i can put on temporarily? Jus wanna avoid re-installing the stock d.p / cat....

Any web links would be appreciated! :D TIA (AGAIN)

It doesn't really matter whether you install a high flow 3" cat to go with your THDP, or reinstall your factory pipe and cat. Either should get you through smog. Of course if you have a functioning factory cat and downpipe that would be your best bet to reinstall since with that combo there would be nothing else to buy. Why would you be against installing the factory pipe and cat?

I just got a new cat for my 3" thdp from Ramchargers. $125 and they shipped it the day I ordered it (Thanks, Kevin). I just passed Maryland's IM240 dyno test with it, and the crazy thing is that my boost is the same before and after, with no knock - and yes, I had it turned up as far as I could on 93 octane before putting it on. With other cats I've lost 1-3 psi boost and got a little more knock.

TRBON8R, now that i think of it ... i had some clearance issues getting the old one out; no lift. Just wasn't looking forward to redoing it all. Seemed a new cat might be easier for me to install is all.

I may look into the ramcharger setup, although yer right; the $100 would look better sittin in my pocket or going toward the atr exhaust i'm lookin at.....