Electronics messed up (sparkplug wires)

5ltretr

any electronic gauge with wiring running into the motor compartment is messed up. This includes Tach, Oil, Water, FP. The only thing I can think of is the sparkplug wires, my boost gauge works fine and its electric, same with my fuel gauge. The gauges bounce up and down or peg to the max.

I'm thinking somehow its the sparkplug wires interferening or something. Any info on how to run sparkplug wires? I dont even have the wire holders, maybe thats the problem, pics would help also.

the wires now are msd's 8.5 (2YearsOld)

thanks

I doubt seriously its pickup from the spark plug wires. More likely you have a loose ground common to all guages or a loose power wire. Check the grounds on the guages, if they go to a screw on the chassis of dash, make sure the area is clean of rust or paint. You want to sand the contact point to bare metal.

No other problems electrical problems with car?just gauges?Are these gauges grounded at same point? Power supply the same?Check for obvious areas first.Connections,firewall area,fusebox,Try taking one gauge out of system at a time and see if problem ceases.

suicide six said:
No other problems electrical problems with car?just gauges?Are these gauges grounded at same point? Power supply the same?Check for obvious areas first.Connections,firewall area,fusebox,Try taking one gauge out of system at a time and see if problem ceases.

Suicide six...hit it on the head.Had the same thing happened to me on the road.
Oh Yeah! SCAREY >got lucky went to fuse box.....and before dark on the road.
Try there first..................HTH'ed Rob