electrical oil gauge problem

Chatmanboy

Installed my gauge and did as instructions said! Yet when I start the car the gauge goes all the way to the right past the 80 psi reading and stays. Any suggestions?

You have a good ground ? Is that the only one doing this if not switch the switch wires on them you my have them mixed up.
Installed my gauge and did as instructions said! Yet when I start the car the gauge goes all the way to the right past the 80 psi reading and stays. Any suggestions?

tried swithing them but same thing. but maybe i need to swith it do a different spot i do have my knock sensor ground at the spot i think. The brand is VDO

When I've seen that and had that happen, it's been a ground issue of not being properly grounded. Trace your grounds from the gauge and move them to a different place where they contact metal. Good luck and keep at it as you'll find it! :smile:

also make sure connections are not touching,unpluge all wires going to gauge and start over.
tried swithing them but same thing. but maybe i need to swith it do a different spot i do have my knock sensor ground at the spot i think. The brand is VDO

Did you use any teflon tape or thread sealer? VDO is very specific about not using any type of thread sealer, as the sender unit needs direct contact to the block for a good ground. Also make sure if you used a tee there is none on there either.

HTH

Matt