Electrical Fans

Saladin45

There is a darkside
Hey guys
What electric fans off other cars can be bolted onto our cars without any problems? I know someone I saw about a year ago had a Lincoln fan in their's. Curious if anybody else has had luck with others. And wondering also, how much do these suckers usually go for?

I'm want to get basics knocked out on my car this summer and this is one of them.

Thanks

BTW, while we're on the basic stuff. How much does it cost to get the complete 86/87 electronics? I figure I'd knock that out too initially.

depends on what radiator your going to use stock or f-body and do a search on the ecm conversion

pretty much any fan can be bolted in pretty easily and keep it cool. i used a fan out of a 4 cylinder Chevy Celebrity in my 400hp nova that was more than enough, and i've got a universal 16" hayden fan that i paid $10 for in my T Type- it doesn't seem to move too much air, but it is enough to never let the temp get up past the thermostat temp. the way i've got it mounted to the rad support on the bottom and top plate on the top looks stock, and i have a Hayden relay kit that is turned on my the '87 GN ecm. with the Turbo Tweak chip, it comes on right around 170 degrees on my gauge.

I'll probably keep with the stock radiator.
Unless there's some huge undeniable difference in switching to the f-body?
I know alot of guys do though.

the only problem with staying with the stock radiator is finding a top plate for it. you might have to chop the fan shroud off your stock one and use that.
i only went to an electric fan because i parted out a Cutlass that had a newer 3 core radiator in it and a good top plate that didn't have a fan shroud built in. this rad is about 6" wider than my stocker was, and if it ever goes i'm getting an aluminum Camaro radiator.
it doesn't really cool any better than the stock clutch fan did, but it sure is easier to work on things in there with that shroud and fan gone.