Electric Alcohol pressure gauge

HEMI T04

Does any one know of an affordable alcohol compatible 200-250 psi electric pressure gauge that can handle methanol? I dont want a mechanical gauge with 200 psi of alcohol in the cabin.

HEMI T04 said:
Does any one know of an affordable alcohol compatible 200-250 psi electric pressure gauge that can handle methanol? I dont want a mechanical gauge with 200 psi of alcohol in the cabin.

No. Pressure transducer will easily top 200.00

HTH

Even a 200 psi one would be good , if not a suitable pressure transducer connected to a mutlimeter would give me what i want, but i cant seem to find one suitable for alcohol and 200 psi.

Also does a fluid filled gauge make it much easier to read the fuel psi? I think it would but it it would stiff pulse i'm guessing. The one i have now has no fluid and is very hard to read- the needle swings from 150-200 psi very very fast and its hard to read. A pulsation dampner for the fuel system would solve the problem in the pulsing in the fuel system an for the gauge, but again finding one cheap and compatible would be the problem.

100 PSI is the limit I know off in terms of "cheap/inexpensive"

The Nordskog(spelling) digital fuel pressure guage(summitracing) 100 PSI will handle alky. But a 100 PSI is easy to pin.

The new autometer FP guages are also compatible.. but thats 200+ for a 100 PSI guage. The Nitrous transducer is 1600 PSI.. again same prob.

I used the sender from a Nordskog and an oil pressure(electric) guage on my 'ol car.. still is working. But pins easily at 100 PSI.

If you need a 100 PSI sender.. I believe I have an extra one.. its like 55-60 bucks. Then you'll need an electrical guage that uses a sending unit. The oil pressure guage I bought here on the board used for 15.00 since it was missing the sender :)

FWIW, the electric guage didnt register the pulsations the mechanical guage saw.. and YES to liquid filled.

Once you cross 100 PSI... its all over $$$ wise.

Even a good 150 alcohol compatible alcohol gauge would be useful.

Other wise im going to install more nozzles to get the flow i want under 100 psi. But hopefully at minium settings/pressure it's not going to be injecting too much. other wise ill need a solenoid cutoff for some of the nozzles.

The reason i want an electric gauge is also becuase i want to input the voltage from the sender into my microcontroller and have it alarm after setting it up, if its above or below certain pressure that it should be. ie a hose has blown off or a nozzle is blocked or the sureflo pump produces less pressure for the same voltage input for some reason hot/cold, old pump etc.

Hemi--theres the option of an isolated guage priced mid way between a std mechanical and electric.It uses a diaphram and a non toxic,non flammable glycol on the cabin side.I dont know but I am thinking that an electric guage may not be fast enough to show the pulsations that a shurflow puts out--check out this link to a mechanical guage running on an alky system-it constantly varies a range of like 30 psi. I would imagine that the worst would be digital because it would never settle down.Razor--what do you reccomend? http://www.enginerunup.com/11_gph.htm

Thats excatly how my gauge paulses, and i was wondering what is the actuall pressure that the sysetm is sparaying at? is the min/max or acaerage of the needle sweep? What a gauge snubber help to shwo the true pressure injected? Also i thought that would be a postive of the electrcal gauge as it wouldnt show the pulses- just the average pressure.

The isolated gauge sounds like an option,is it a special gauge or an add on hose to a normal gauge ?

I never used one but I'm getting ready to unless someone reccomends a guage they are using successfully.--I think it is probably a rule you use them in some types of racing-it looks like you can add them to any mechanical guage.maybe since it has a diaphram it will absorb some pulsation too?-I want to put one in this weekend.I dont mind the pulsation.that is the preassure bleeding down and the preassure switch turning the pump back on.I guess if the preassure holds it would mean you have a clogged nozzle.I think I put too much thought into this stuff! http://store.summitracing.com/defau...sults=false&N=0&target=egnsearch.asp&x=45&y=7

Speedz06 said:
Hemi--theres the option of an isolated guage priced mid way between a std mechanical and electric.It uses a diaphram and a non toxic,non flammable glycol on the cabin side.I dont know but I am thinking that an electric guage may not be fast enough to show the pulsations that a shurflow puts out--check out this link to a mechanical guage running on an alky system-it constantly varies a range of like 30 psi. I would imagine that the worst would be digital because it would never settle down.Razor--what do you reccomend? http://www.enginerunup.com/11_gph.htm

Is the isolator methanol compatible?

Problem with guages is looking at them. Unless theyre square rite in front of your face.. there is no way..

I dont look at any guages in my car cept the tach. There is way too much going on.. and the faster you are.. the less things you look at.. when the car was running 14's.. I had to smoke a cig.. read a magazine.. now... fugedaboutit.

There is a 250 PSI transducer available.. 0-5v.. its $200.00. Hook it up to a 0-5v input on your datalogger.. done.

Cheap and alcohol compatible.. sometimes.. on this guage subject.. as far as I have researched.. it always points to scientific/industrial pieces. Scientific/industrial=$$$$

"Clogged nozzle detector".. buwahaha.. a bit too late no? :rolleyes:

I get what youre saying about looking at guages,but mine is a daily driver and I get to go for extended WOT runs enough to check them out sometimes.It will be a good sunday project to put in a guage today.

Pulsing gauge

I was wondering what is the actuall pressure that the system is spraying at? if the needle is pulsing from say 80-120 psi?

Is it the min psi/max psi or average of the needle sweep?

Would a gauge snubber help to show the true pressure injected ? Like this one here http://www.raysnubber.com/

Whats up Hemi,thats a pretty cool device you found-That looks like it would do the job for you.I kind of like the way the guage surges though.If you get to know your system and have a good idea of the speed the guage needle oscilates then you would know if you had a restriction in your line or nozzle or if your pump output changed if it slowed down.If it stopped oscillating and held preassure then you know whats wrong too.Like that video showing a 1gpm then an 11gpm nozzle how the speed of oscillation changed on the guage.I'm at about a whole month of experience with alky so its just a theory.BTW--if the alky injection surges like that how does it effect consistancy?does the AFR guage or 02 sensor show pump surge too?

Gauge pulsing

By looking at the animation on the raysnubber i'm assuming it shows the real pressure after the snubber is added, which is right in the middle of the low swing 80 psi and high pulsing point of 120 psi- ie. real system pressure =100 psi, do people agree with this in reality? the nozzle will be flowing as if at 100psi.

Also has anyone done any comparison with the haggo nozzle flows comparing water, 100% methanol and then 100% ethanol. Becuase the flow rate quoted for haggo nozzle is for water at 100 psi and I have the feeling the alcohol flows through the nozzles easier and with a lower pressure if at the same pump voltage.