el camino?

Whattttssss Uppppp

psiedv6 said:
Hey Jeremy, this might help you to resize your pictures to post them.http://www.picresize.com/ I think you have to make most of them 50% to 75% smaller

And when the hell are you going to run that beast at the track :)

I should of kept that motor I just sold for a Chevy Luv truck :eek: :eek:
I would have made you jealous with the badest thing on the road :wink: (LOL)

Did you get your hands dirty putting this together J/K :D
thanks for the link. And the luv truck would have been sick :D
and no, I did not get my hands dirty, but I did get my whole body dirty, face, hair, I usually roll around in oil when i'm working on anything, makes me look busy :D

I took these a few years ago at Cruisin the Coast in Biloxi. This one was setup great, I loved the seats with the Chevy Turbo 6 Emblems.

52235958gqYwuY_ph.jpg

52235959miQPXy_ph.jpg

52235960JjSNIT_ph.jpg

52235962qnoIdo_ph.jpg

52235963CNxQiX_ph.jpg

52235966YGyrOI_ph.jpg

52235967IgnGAD_ph.jpg

52235969PlgeWO_ph.jpg

52235976obruYL_ph.jpg

there was one on ebay about two weeks ago sharp looking it had gn seats dash console rims i think it went for 16,000

That was once my turbo powered El Camino that you saw at Cruisin the Coast. Man I am sorry I ever got rid of it. It now resides in Wisconsin. I am looking forward to building another one day.

Attachments

• ELKYLOWEREDPS.jpg
    ELKYLOWEREDPS.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 333
  • elkyptno.jpg
    elkyptno.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 309
  • ELKYFRONTA.jpg
    ELKYFRONTA.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 309
turbo87limited said:
That was once my turbo powered El Camino that you saw at Cruisin the Coast. Man I am sorry I ever got rid of it. It now resides in Wisconsin. I am looking forward to building another one day.

I really liked your Elky when I saw it @ the Drag Strip @ CTC. I had a Caballero that got flooded in Katrina, that's what my Sy replaced. I miss my Caballero, I still have the built 9" from it if anyone needs a G Body 9".

Jamnut, I appreiciate the compliment. We really worked hard to do the conversion to where it looked almost factory. When you saw it that year at CTC, I had been in an accident earlier in the day at Ocean Springs, MS. Someone behind me had not been paying attention and rearended me. It had busted the rollpan and bent the tailgate, boy I was pi**ed off. After that I had it repainted allover again, this time I added the Pearl Blue ghost flames on the sides and on the cowl hood scoop. I will be building another in the future as I have already acquired another complete drivetrain and wirng harness. I am crazy about elky's as I also have an 1966 also. Keep in touch as we already have our reservations for next years CTC at the Hampton Inn in BIloxi on Beach Blvd. We will be there from Wednesday thru Sunday. I hope to meet you there, and I hope to see Richard Gautier, AKA SinistrV6, again. Btw, Did you have much Katrina damage?

turbo87limited said:
Did you have much Katrina damage?
I lost it all. I'm now in North La. about an hour west of Jackson. I missed CTC this year due to my wife being sick. I will be starting to spend some time in Jackson as soon as everything slow's down a little bit, so I can spend some time shooting the bull with some of my LSx buddies & maybe trolling the streets in my Syclone. I'll try to shoot you a PM one weekend that I go to Jackson to maybe see your rides.

If you need any parts for your next Hybrid Elky, hit me up. I have the below Caballero just sitting. I'm not going to put it back on the road due to the flood. I'm keeping the drive train, but the rest is going. It would be nice to see some of her parts on something special.

http://rides.webshots.com/album/89668067jkBeCY?start=12

I really didn't need to see this thread. Would have loved to do a GN drivetrain in my '81 that I've been working on! Anybody want to trade their GN engine for an TPI L98? :rolleyes: ..... I do have an '84 GN dash in it though!

PICT0456.jpg

Maybe one day I'll find a deal on a 3.8...

Thats exactly what I want to have my garage look like

I love Olds Cutlas's, but I think I would want a 87-88 Monte Carlo SS in there, of course all V6 Turbo's with one of them being a Stage II.
I'll keep dreaming while you have that nice shot of cars.

For $6500 how can you beat it. Im half tempted to go by it. He lives right down the street. I just don't have the room for it.

If I didnt have my El Camino, I would jump on it

All the time money, and headaches of the covresion, that is a deal. If I was close to having that amount, I would sell some stuff to get it. I know what these cars can do, Talkin about a sleeper, and real quiet too, till you get into it..:biggrin:

thanks guys! Rick we still have to get togther i been workin alot of OT.
Like i said the camino is my brothers ,but i would love to have that car to.

I am currently working on one now. I have a fuel delivery question. Specifically, what did you do to add a third line? How do you filter the original supply line? Please advise.

If you have access to the original (Off the turbo donor car) you can cut the filter and lines off the donor with a tube cutter. Buy a couple of 3/8" Tube nuts, or a couple of sections of 3/8" brake lines that have the tube nuts on them and cut them off, put a tube nut on the lines you cut, then use a flare tool and put a double flare on the lines. They have connectors you can buy to put two together. If no access to the donor vehicle, just go to the junk yard and cut off a filter and lines off something else that uses 3/8" supply line. My elky had 2 lines from the factory, a 5/16" supply line and another line to the charcoal canister. I used the supply line as the new return line, the charcoal line as of course the charcoal line and fabricated an entire new 3/8" supply line using 8' sections of 3/8" brake lines and a tube bender.

Quick question for the guys with the GN dashes in their elkys, how do you connect the drivers vent (on the GN dash) to the elkys vents behind the dash? I seem to be losing a lot of air blowing out the center two vents and the passenger vent because I don't have anything to direct the air to the drivers vent:confused: