Eibachs installed and the rear is still lower...

matt94z

Just got my Eibach springs and Bilstiens on and the rear is still lower than the front.... I cant stand that look! I would like the front to sit either level or a tad lower thant the rear. Any ideas? I hate to cut new springs.

if the fronts are BRAND new... give it a little time for the springs and suspension to settle... it should come down a little.

besides isolators you can install air bags and ride with a few lbs of pressure in the back or switch out the rears to either a set of new stock or a slightly taller aftermarket rear... [at least the rears are real easy to switch out]

Are you sure the front springs are seated correctly in the lower control arms?
If they are not it will cause the front end to sit higher.
Very odd that the rear sits lower than the front with the eibachs, not usually the case. Double check everything and make sure everything is seated correctly. Also be sure your rubber isolaters are still on the top side of your rear springs, this can change the ride hieght in the rear by a 1/2".
HTH

When you put the fronts in did you take off the control arms, if so make sure you don't tighten those bolts till it has weight on, usually on the ground so there is not binding of the bushings.

This is why I dont care much for the Eibach kits. Every single set I've installed has ended up this way. Really the only way I would fix it is to put tall lower BJ on as mentioned above. Hope you get er straightened out.

When you put the fronts in did you take off the control arms, if so make sure you don't tighten those bolts till it has weight on, usually on the ground so there is not binding of the bushings.

I replaced my front springs and the pass. side sits too high. I think I torqued the lower control arm bolts to around 90 ft lbs, slipped the spring in, jacked up the control arm and a friend hammered in the spring with a hammer and block of wood. One swing of the hammer and kbamm! The spring popped in. Should I loosen the control arm and see if it lowers the front end?

my eibach springs had my car sitting the same way.. the front didnt seem to b lowered at all. I put drop spindles on in addition to the springs and now the front sits lower than the rear. I have 18's and the stance is killer.

my eibach springs had my car sitting the same way.. the front didnt seem to b lowered at all. I put drop spindles on in addition to the springs and now the front sits lower than the rear. I have 18's and the stance is killer.

What spindles did you use?

And can you post some pics please!

"I think I torqued the lower control arm bolts to around 90 ft lbs"
I assume you meant the bolts that hold the a-arm to the chassis??
The bolts referred to in post # 7 should be the end bolts on the a-arm cross shafts. [Torquing them to 90# would almost guarantee a failed bolt.]
These bolts don't have to be removed, unless you have replaced the a-arm bushings... Then, they are left finger tite, the car is set down on the ground, and they are torqued. If not done correctly, you can be most sure that the bushings will be under severe loading, resulting in the car sitting high... At least til the bushing rubber shears off the shell...

"I think I torqued the lower control arm bolts to around 90 ft lbs"
I assume you meant the bolts that hold the a-arm to the chassis??
The bolts referred to in post # 7 should be the end bolts on the a-arm cross shafts. [Torquing them to 90# would almost guarantee a failed bolt.]
These bolts don't have to be removed, unless you have replaced the a-arm bushings... Then, they are left finger tite, the car is set down on the ground, and they are torqued. If not done correctly, you can be most sure that the bushings will be under severe loading, resulting in the car sitting high... At least til the bushing rubber shears off the shell...

Thanks Chuck for clearing that up. Yes, I was referring to the bolts holding the LOWER A-arm to the chassis. So are you referring to the UPPER A-arm? Isn't that the one with the shaft? If we are on the same page, then yes I replaced the bushings and tightened those bolts before I installed the spring and set the car down. So at this point, should I just loosen those shaft bolts on the upper A-arm and then re-tighten them with the car on the ground? I'm so confused.

Correcto...

"So are you referring to the UPPER A-arm? Isn't that the one with the shaft? If we are on the same page, then yes I replaced the bushings and tightened those bolts before I installed the spring and set the car down. So at this point, should I just loosen those shaft bolts on the upper A-arm and then re-tighten them with the car on the ground?"

the shaft bolts should be loosened, then the car set back on the ground. Once that's done, retighten the bolts on the ends of the shafts.
You may try bouncing the ft end a bit, to let the bushings relax, then tighten the blts...