EGR Valve. WHat are we using for a replacement?

joey316g

Too many cars.
I have a bad diaphram in my EGR valve and I see that the AC Delco ones are discontinued except for NOS4GN but I have a hard time swallowing $150 for an EGR valve. All the stock replacements shown on the local parts stores sites are either completely wrong or have a universal cover that wont allow me to use the plastic cover which I would like to retain for a stock looking appearance. I did find an AC Delco Part number 214-5355. Its for a 1987 Buick Lesabre. Only difference I see is the vacuum port is 180 degrees out which I can live with by using a longer vac hose. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I think i have a new one laying around. If you have a aftermarket chip(TT) ect... some of them disable it anyway. So u can put a $12 plate on instead.

I want to retain all the emissions equipment on the car while trying to keep it stock for now...in the future, I may delete it but for now, I want it there.

Plug the intake and plug the vacuum line...Then it won't matter if it works right, and it'll look right.

Once again. If you would like one cheap I believe I have a brand new one here.... Cheap........:biggrin:

I don't recall you offering to sell it to me, just mentioning that you had one..lol....define cheap....pm me...thanks

I have a good used one. It's clean and works because I had a block off plate inbetween it and the manifold so it wasn't being used. If your interested. $20 shipped with the bracket. I can send pics if you want. Let me know.

I have a good used one. It's clean and works because I had a block off plate inbetween it and the manifold so it wasn't being used. If your interested. $20 shipped with the bracket. I can send pics if you want. Let me know.

He may want it .I had a new one to almost give him. and I can't find it anywhere......:confused:

This is an original or a replacement? Yes send me a pic...that would be great...thanks

Known good used one for $30 shipped with cover. Im shipping items tomorrow and I can get it out then if you want. Paypal +4%

This is an original or a replacement? Yes send me a pic...that would be great...thanks

It's a genuine GM.

0922000501.jpg

Thanks for the replies...I said what the hell and ordered up the AC Delco part number 214-5355. Worked fine with one exception. The vac nipple was 180 degrees out so i just added a short lenght of hose. Cost me $35 new on Rockauto.com if anyone is interested. ;)

Joey316g,
Thanks for the information. I am getting ready to send mine thru the test here in CA. Hopefully it will pass. It's nice to know there is another option out there if needed.
Lorenzo

You're welcome...trying to give back to the community as much as I collect over the years

Believe it or not you can spin that diaphragm housing to line up like the stocker. I did it with mine that bought. Works like a charm.