Edited for secrecy

Congrats on your new best.

Great 60' time!

Very nice results out of a relatively mild combo on relatively low boost.

Great Job.

Many peeps should be taking notes.

Hell Yeah buddy! You gotta teach me how to pull those sub 1.5 60fts, that's awesome!

Were you at Byron sunday? I was up there saturday just hanging out.

Good time's! Even more impressive with the TE60 and such low boost such high mph.Would love to see some vids..

One thing I left off was that this was with a roller cam... cannot believe I forgot that.

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Steve, we'll take a look at your setup compared to mine and see what we can do about those 60's. I feel like my car is still leaving some on the table in terms of 60' times actually. 3 of 4 passes were under 1.5. The other was 1.532.

The run looks good through the eighth but it's dropping off out the back. There's another tenth there on this tune. The eighth e.t. Indicates low 10.60's. What was the rpm at the trap?

If I remember correctly, it was approximately 5500 through the traps. I agree with you that there is more left in this thing even in the first half. I did get a single knock count at 5600+ rpm that was about 1.3 degrees, at which point I increased the alcohol flow slightly. Boost was creeping to 22 towards the end of the run, fuel pressure rose accordingly. I will see what screenshots I can come up with from the PL file. I need to verify actual timing as well.

anything else you would like to see?

If I remember correctly, it was approximately 5500 through the traps. I agree with you that there is more left in this thing even in the first half. I did get a single knock count at 5600+ rpm that was about 1.3 degrees, at which point I increased the alcohol flow slightly. Boost was creeping to 22 towards the end of the run, fuel pressure rose accordingly. I will see what screenshots I can come up with from the PL file. I need to verify actual timing as well.

anything else you would like to see?
Awesome job with a Te60.Just wonder if your knock at 5600 rpm was a shift.Also were you running just pump gas and alky and is the shortblock forged?

The car knocks every shift when I am cruising around town... gotta figure that out still. shifts firm though with the new converter. It very well could be the knock problem I am seeing near the shift.

Yes, this was run on pump 93 and alky. had about 12 gallons in the tank. The shortblock is not forged. When I had the heads off I took a pic of the pistons, and they look to be .030 over, but cannot confirm they are forged. They look to be cast. Never had the RA out of the block since I have owned it. previous owner rebuilt it, and I went through it again in the car.

I was hesitant to put more alky into it with the cold temps we had yesterday (45-48°F)

The car knocks every shift when I am cruising around town... gotta figure that out still. shifts firm though with the new converter. It very well could be the knock problem I am seeing near the shift.

Yes, this was run on pump 93 and alky. had about 12 gallons in the tank. The shortblock is not forged. When I had the heads off I took a pic of the pistons, and they look to be .030 over, but cannot confirm they are forged. They look to be cast. Never had the RA out of the block since I have owned it. previous owner rebuilt it, and I went through it again in the car.

I was hesitant to put more alky into it with the cold temps we had yesterday (45-48°F)
The shift noise is like having a Vigilante 5 disc, the discs rattle and the knock detector lights off. You might check how tight your knock sensor is. The alky may just puddle with 40 deg temps which is bad news.

yeah I was thinking about that (being too tight). I guess I don't mind it being sensitive to pick up the slightest knock to keep the motor together.

what inside a N/L converter could make noise during shifts? was thinking about having the trans gone through again for good measure, but if I don't need to that would be fine too. pretty sure backlash in the rear is a little sloppy too.

So what new generation turbo should I run on this thing after I max out the TE60? :D

Great runs! Good vid too. Thanks for sharing. They let you run what you brung up there at Union Grove or do they hit the cage rules pretty hard? I'm about 3 hours away and haven't raced there yet and would like to do so next year.

I would assume earlier in the season they would hassle you more about the cage deal... this late in the season with so few people still out they are a little more lax. You can always save the runs for RSD night and generally get as many runs in as you want without fear. Hell, there are cars out there going 9 or less with no cage.

My car will likely get a 6 point in the near future.

I would assume earlier in the season they would hassle you more about the cage deal... this late in the season with so few people still out they are a little more lax. You can always save the runs for RSD night and generally get as many runs in as you want without fear. Hell, there are cars out there going 9 or less with no cage.

My car will likely get a 6 point in the near future.

Thanks for the info on the track. Your head porting must be pretty good to flow 122mph horsepower on low 20's boost. Glad to see you pushing into the 10's with such a non-exotic turbo. I like the non-exotic stuff myself. Everyone here states to leave your car alone, and I'm in the same boat. I'm working on a new combo, but will probably be afraid to install it! I'll have to keep old blue on a stand in case things go south. Good luck and keep us updated if you decide to use the brake.;)