ECM chip info / 92 octane

85zoom

Hey Gang, anyone know where I can copy and print out text that says 92 octane is required when running a performance chip in our ECM's ? My workplace issued us gas cards, and unless I can show proof in writing that 92 octane is needed, I can only pump 87 oct. It doesn't matter what brand chip, just anything I can cut and paste then print to keep the accounts payable lady happy (unless someone else wants to make her happy
:eek: :eek: )
Thanks.

Gman

Take a picture of your gas gauge & the sticker on the sunvisor & copy the owners manual(Fuel requirement). I think??? They all say "Premium Fuel" Only.:D

The owners manual and visor sticker say that regular fuel can used with slightly reduced acceleration performance.:(

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately, I don't have the owners manual and the visor sticker is gone. I thought the GN/TTYPE website had something once upon a time, but it seems they are rebuilding the site or something because I can't find the site. Do any of you have the instructions from your ECM chips that may state 92 or premium gas is needed and if so can you scan and email me ? I'm getting real close to making my own document with ms word or something..........;)

Gman

The things my Buick makes me do..........:D

I have an info sheet from Quad Air (Red Armstrong) that covers his 93, 100 and 108 chips, for the 93 chip it says the chip is designed for street use with 93 or better octane. You can have the paper if you like Gareth, give me a call at 478-3041.