ebay find: '80 4bbl Carb

Which cam are you using Matt?

i think its a seal power cam now. any ideas why im still not having any low end power. i have the timing set at 15 advance now but i have retarded it and it really has not made a difference. i even tryed to advance it at the cam running the cam 4 deg advance and it made no difference. i have it at straight up now.

What distributor are you using Mat?
If you have a CCC distributor with a 7 pin HEI module and no ECM controlling it, that's not good and could be some of the problem.
If you have a mechanical and vacuum advance distributor I'd check the total timing. Leave the cam straight up.

What distributor are you using Mat?
If you have a CCC distributor with a 7 pin HEI module and no ECM controlling it, that's not good and could be some of the problem.
If you have a mechanical and vacuum advance distributor I'd check the total timing. Leave the cam straight up.

mechanical and vacuum advance distributor. i am running the cam straight up right now. i still have little bottom end. i checked to see if it could be a vac leak but found nothing. is there a way that the keyway on the crank was put in the wrong spot? thats the only thing i can think of or the balancer was the wrong one. are there different ballancers?

Yes but I doubt you have the wrong balancer, there is the neutral balancer for internally balanced rotators and the stock stuff one with v belts and one with serpentine.
It is possible the key is sheared in the crank and the timing mark is now off.
So you have 15* with the line off the vacuum advance? What is the timing after you hook the vacuum advance back up?
I'd kick it up to 22* line off to start but watch the TOTAL timing don't let it go too far, just for testing I'd do a few pulls but stay out of boost.

Example from my car( I start out now with 24* and by 2600 to almost 3000 rpm's my TOTAL timing is 18*)

Yes but I doubt you have the wrong balancer, there is the neutral balancer for internally balanced rotators and the stock stuff one with v belts and one with serpentine.
It is possible the key is sheared in the crank and the timing mark is now off.
So you have 15* with the line off the vacuum advance? What is the timing after you hook the vacuum advance back up?
I'd kick it up to 22* line off to start but watch the TOTAL timing don't let it go too far, just for testing I'd do a few pulls but stay out of boost.

Example from my car( I start out now with 24* and by 2600 to almost 3000 rpm's my TOTAL timing is 18*)

i will give it a try.

I think Adam nailed it for you Matt. Sounds like initial timing is off a little. Stock was 18 degrees if I remember right.