Easy fix for beat up steering wheels...

Sal 87WE2

--NONE--
Well I was tired of my damaged and stained steering wheel so I bought a product I bought long ago when I had my first WH1. It's a leather steering wheel cover you install over your factory leather using a needle and thread. It's made by Wheelskins and the color was a perfect match for my GN. It took about 45 mins to install and now the steering wheel never felt better! This leather is soft and I really like it. Spent $38 on eBay for it. I will post pics later. :)

Put one of those on my son's old Cutlass Supreme. Worked out well.

I gotta do this too...my steering wheel looks like a sore thumb compared to the rest of my interior...

Ok, I ordered Size "AXX" and color "Charcoal" from e-bay username azeco88 in case anyone wants one also.

Here are before and after pics of my steering wheel. You can see the black stains and the tear at the top of my wheel. The pictures may not do it justice but it blends in better in person and the "Charcoal" color was dead on for me. The feel and quality of the leather cover is top notch and it was less than $40 :biggrin:

Attachments

• Steering wheel 1.JPG
    Steering wheel 1.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 190
  • steering wheel 2.JPG
    steering wheel 2.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 181
  • steering wheel 3.jpg
    steering wheel 3.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 185
  • steering wheel 4.jpg
    steering wheel 4.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 191
hello: In the past someone had told me about a paint that works well on SW's. My problem is my SW gets very slick when the weather got colder. I was told the paint would help in getting the original feel back.
IBBY