E85 TT chip with 60s

GMTECH12002

Anyone running e85 with TT and 60s? Reason why I ask, I would like more details about your mods and setup, also your estimated ETs and HP. I wanna know what my limits would be with 60s on e85, IDC info would be good to if anyone has it. Thanks in advance and to Turbo6inKY for the info already given

For the sake of saying, I'm at 88-90% DC on my 79's with the stuff in my sig below. Going by my weight and MPH in the 1/8 (now I'm having some traction issues so my ET isn't the best) it is ESTIMATED 414 to 478 to the wheels. 26psi of boost w/ 26 degrees of timing in 1/2 and 23.5 in 3/4. Spools QUICK!!! I would go with 79's or 80's to start off with, my car is all stock inside.

I am running 60's with TT E85 chip. See below for all my stuff. At this point I am running stock lines, but will be upgrading once racetronix comes out with their complete Teflon line kit. Whenever that happens, 120's will get swapped in and I hope that'll be the last set of injectors I buy.

If I had it to do all over again, I would've bought 80's. I was planning on running ally when I bought the 60's, but changed my mind.

Not sure what my IDC is yet. I have the PL, just haven't installed yet. FYI I'm only running one fuel pump, too. For now.

I am running 60's with TT E85 chip. See below for all my stuff. At this point I am running stock lines, but will be upgrading once racetronix comes out with their complete Teflon line kit. Whenever that happens, 120's will get swapped in and I hope that'll be the last set of injectors I buy.

If I had it to do all over again, I would've bought 80's. I was planning on running ally when I bought the 60's, but changed my mind.

Not sure what my IDC is yet. I have the PL, just haven't installed yet. FYI I'm only running one fuel pump, too. For now.

i see your running 22 psi, do you think you have more room to turn up the boost with your current fuel pump setup, and what about your timing, how much advance are you running? can you advance more?

Not sure. Just finished my turbo replacement after a long 6 months. The new stock turbo from bison maxes at about 25 psi. I'm unable to find my previous chip settings, so I'm starting from scratch. Since the swap and added boost, I have tickled the knock sensor a few times, but I haven't completely figured out the tune yet. Had a couple of setbacks now - had to replace o2 sensor, and now something's up with the PS pump or one of the lines. Spraying fluid everywhere. So, she's garaged until I get into the new house with a little room in the garage. If I remember correctly, I actually backed the timing out a little in order to run 22psi. From what I've read, you gain more power by adding boost pressure than advancing timing.

Anyhow, once I get the ps issue taken care of, and get the PL installed, things should move a little faster as I'll know what my IDC is. Once I get that done, I'll post up for you.

87-WE2 said:
Not sure. Just finished my turbo replacement after a long 6 months. The new stock turbo from bison maxes at about 25 psi. I'm unable to find my previous chip settings, so I'm starting from scratch. Since the swap and added boost, I have tickled the knock sensor a few times, but I haven't completely figured out the tune yet. Had a couple of setbacks now - had to replace o2 sensor, and now something's up with the PS pump or one of the lines. Spraying fluid everywhere. So, she's garaged until I get into the new house with a little room in the garage. If I remember correctly, I actually backed the timing out a little in order to run 22psi. From what I've read, you gain more power by adding boost pressure than advancing timing.

Anyhow, once I get the ps issue taken care of, and get the PL installed, things should move a little faster as I'll know what my IDC is. Once I get that done, I'll post up for you.

Also noteworthy is that I'm only running ONE of the pumps on my double pumper at this time. Once I see some PL files, I may need to install that Hobbs switch to activate the second.

in your opinion, or by what you have heard or read, would it be safer to add timing rather than just cranking up the boost and hoping the head gaskets can take that increased cylinder pressure, even though you get more hp from boost increase. i ask this cause i am running about 21 -22 right now with 0 knock and my fuel looks good at around 780-790 at wot, i wanna crank it up, but i want to do it in the safest way possible. It scares me to run that much boost on a stock unopened motor. i fear at any moment the head gasket is gonna spit out, but i have talked to others that are running 24-25 psi on there stock gaskets with e85 and it seems 25 is fine, just looking to get your 2 cents i guess, unless you can afford more, cause i am open to comment on this

Also noteworthy is that I'm only running ONE of the pumps on my double pumper at this time. Once I see some PL files, I may need to install that Hobbs switch to activate the second.
my last post was directed towards 87-WE2 but i forgot to quote you

GMTECH12002 said:
in your opinion, or by what you have heard or read, would it be safer to add timing rather than just cranking up the boost and hoping the head gaskets can take that increased cylinder pressure, even though you get more hp from boost increase. i ask this cause i am running about 21 -22 right now with 0 knock and my fuel looks good at around 780-790 at wot, i wanna crank it up, but i want to do it in the safest way possible. It scares me to run that much boost on a stock unopened motor. i fear at any moment the head gasket is gonna spit out, but i have talked to others that are running 24-25 psi on there stock gaskets with e85 and it seems 25 is fine, just looking to get your 2 cents i guess, unless you can afford more, cause i am open to comment on this

Here's my whole bank account!!

I've had no problems at 22 and was there for awhile. Even about 7-8 passes at the track. While at the track I was able to fine tune with timing as I had no knock at 22. 22 was the max I could get outta the turbo, so all I was able to do was play with timing and fuel. Wish I could find those chip settings for you!

I've only had a small amount of seat time since the new turbo. I started re-tuning at about 20 psi (thought it would be about 18). I got no knock there. Went up one turn at a time on the rjc boost controller. I seem to remember getting no more than 1.5 kr by doing this. Anytime I got kr, I bumped the fuel by about 2.4% (3 notches on the chip setting). EVery time I bumped fuel, the kr went away. I maxed at 25psi and got a tickle on the knock sensor. That's about the time I noticed some screwy o2s at wot. I remember getting some 250's, then like an 031; readings that I knew we're bogus. So i Changed out the o2 sensor (I'm pretty sure it was original equipment) with a denso. Found a couple locally. Put the new o2 in and went for a test run. Everything seemed to be ok and that's when I noticed my steering issue. So it's parked.

My opinion on turning up boost to 25....do it. That's just my opinion - it's your car. If you don't feel ok doing it, then stay at 20-21. It's still plenty of fun there. I'd hate for you to take MY advice and bump it to 25 and blow a gasket. You might blow a gasket with ME!!!

As far as the stock gaskets holding the pressure, I think they can take it. I seem to remember a recent thread where charlief1 said the stock head gaskets (victor reinz brand) are pretty damned tough. Check a guy named KevinS on the board here; i think he's pumping 30 psi into his motor with a 5831 turbo. If i remember right he hasnt replaced gaskets yet. Do some checking around on other guys' sigs to see what boost they're running with unopened head seals, then make your decision from there.

Do it!!!!

Ive ran my WG closed. My 3 bar map sensor stopped rdg @ 31.9 and my boost gauge wanted to do circles No KR, E85 Stock Longblock stock heads stock HGaskets.

Ive ran my WG closed. My 3 bar map sensor stopped rdg @ 31.9 and my boost gauge wanted to do circles No KR, E85 Stock Longblock stock heads stock HGaskets.
How long did you run it this way, what turbo, what injectors?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I am running 60's and e85 on a stock unopened motor with 22 pounds of boost. No sign of KR whatsoever... It seems thats all my stock turbo will push and Im happy with it for now..

Took my car to London drag way Friday nite, went 12.61@107 with 1.89 60 ft. On street tires and 24 psi boost. My car is very heavy with jack and spare tire and full tank of fuel. Also still have the swaybar on it, I believe with drag radials and timing tweaks and maybe loosing some weight it will break into the 11s. So far I am very pleased with e85 and 60s

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app