E85 fuel pump

richburke03

Stock unopened motor upgrading to a 5858 turbo, 80 's, ptc lock up 2800 from twisted 6, jimmys tans and 100 pound valve springs. I replaced the fuel tank with an aftermarket from highway stars. Currently running a hot wired walbro but what do you guys think is the best pump setup for these upgrades with stock lines.

Stock unopened motor upgrading to a 5858 turbo, 80 's, ptc lock up 2800 from twisted 6, jimmys tans and 100 pound valve springs. I replaced the fuel tank with an aftermarket from highway stars. Currently running a hot wired walbro but what do you guys think is the best pump setup for these upgrades with stock lines.

DW301 .. no questions

Not sure yet .. I switched my TTA over to E85 in 2004 .. I haven't seen anything other than reduced tire life yet :)
Amen! However,I was informed by a man made global warming and second hand smoke alarmist that it's the second 11 year period that will finally destroy the rubber portions of your fuel lines and your pump.

haha, that's what i've been reading on here that it deteriorates the rubber lines. i'm a newb when it comes to the e85 stuff, looking at switching over to it though.

haha, that's what i've been reading on here that it deteriorates the rubber lines. i'm a newb when it comes to the e85 stuff, looking at switching over to it though.

Some aftermarket rubber fuel injection hose has a liner that is not affected by e-85.

My concern is the submerged in-tank hose as the outside of many brands of FI hose will deteriorate with e-85, and we have found many little black"floaties" when draining some fuel tanks.

The submersible fuel line we use cost me $30 for a foot long piece. :(

When we do an e-85 conversion, we change as much as practical of the 25+ year old rubber lines to the newer stuff.

Some aftermarket rubber fuel injection hose has a liner that is not affected by e-85.

My concern is the submerged in-tank hose as the outside of many brands of FI hose will deteriorate with e-85, and we have found many little black"floaties" when draining some fuel tanks.

The submersible fuel line we use cost me $30 for a foot long piece. :(

When we do an e-85 conversion, we change as much as practical of the 25+ year old rubber lines to the newer stuff.
Nick, do you offer an e85 conversion kit for our cars? I just switched to e85 and would like to change out my pump, sending unit, and lines, and would like to use all an fittings if possible while keeping my factory fuel rail. I know racetronix was producing these, but was told that they're not currently producing them now. Thanks for any info you can provide.

I would be interested in one as well Nick. Not a fan of Racetronix after reading some of the bashing posts BY THEM!

Nick, do you offer an e85 conversion kit for our cars? I just switched to e85 and would like to change out my pump, sending unit, and lines,.................

With respect to the OP, I would agree that the DW301 pump will be a good choice for your build and e-85.

As far as a "conversion kit" for e-85 the parts need to be matched to the selected power level and how the car will be used?

The most important factor when converting to e-85 is the fuel supply must be more than adequate for the desired HP. The pump is only part of the supply system as wiring, connectors and plumbing must also be reliable and selected to do the job required.

An original pump hanger/sender is marginal at best when new, and after 25+ years it is not a good part to provide ample and reliable service for power upgrades and more HP? We made mods to them, but they still sometimes have issues.

The new China-built replacements are ok as a replacement unit, but they still have deficiencies like the original?

Over a year ago we decided to build a quality pump hanger/sender unit that provides enough fuel for 600 HP on gas or e-85. We have built a few units and tested them, but many changes have been made and we are in the final stages of having billet parts on order, and wiring improvements incorporated, as well as a reliable sender/float unit.

The versions will be either single or dual depending on using an interchangeable adapter piece of our design, and stock rubber lines or AN lines can be used depending on your fitting choice.

So to actually answer your question, yes we will have a conversion kit available for various HP levels, but they are not available yet as we are just starting production, and the new DW 400 pump will not be available until next month at the earliest.

We plan to offer an e-85 conversion kit with the pump/hanger/sender, lines, wiring, and even with a chip and injectors from TurboTweak if desired!

I have the single walbro 430lph and was lucky enough to get the fuel line kit from racetronics when they first cam out for 240-50$ my problem now is my 80lb injectors are maxed have to go to 120-160lb . Luckily I have the sd2 flex fuel option and am not a slave to one type of fuel . The pump has been great and have recorded fuel pressure and they r rock solid .

Looking forward to what you come up with Nick!! Looking for a DP with AN fittings along with the lines, going to ditch my 80's and get a set of 120's