E85? Are 60lb injectors enough to match up with a TE-44?

86 GN
1-TE-44
2-stock long block
3-stock IC
4-3" DP
5-Double pumper
6-Stock fuel lines- not for long
7-60# injectors

How much boost should i be able to run on the 60# injectors?

86 GN
1-TE-44
2-stock long block
3-stock IC
4-3" DP
5-Double pumper
6-Stock fuel lines- not for long
7-60# injectors

How much boost should i be able to run on the 60# injectors?

60# injectors are really small for E85. Something you need to remember is that E85 needs to flow about 30% more fuel to run safely. So with 60's, you would be running a close reference to 30#. 80# are right on the limit of being small.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

It's not really about the boost. It's about how much power it makes, what RPM range, and how efficiently you run the tune.
I've had several customers run in the 11.20-11.40's range with 60's and a TE44/TA49 on E85, stock heads/cam, locking the converter, 25psi give or take a couple psi. But the 60's are at 100% DC at that point, and those guys are running lean and mean.

If you want to play it safer, you should be able to run 20, maybe 22psi without any problems. I personally ran 20-21psi with a pt61 and ported heads, 60's, a/f around 11.3, on E85 for a while.

Eric

Thanks for the replies guys
Ill try and keep the boost low (around 20) on this car.
Just figured ill make use of what i have instead of buying more junk.

Your turbo will max out at about the same time as those 60's .... if you up the ante on the turbo .. step upto 80's

at that point your stock longblock will be maxed :)

The 80's will take you into the mid 10's with a full weight driver with no issues
I am not sure they can get into the 9's without excessive fuel pressure .. but I'm not ruling it out yet either

Your turbo will max out at about the same time as those 60's .... if you up the ante on the turbo .. step upto 80's

at that point your stock longblock will be maxed :)

The 80's will take you into the mid 10's with a full weight driver with no issues
I am not sure they can get into the 9's without excessive fuel pressure .. but I'm not ruling it out yet either

That was my point exactly!!!!

That was my point exactly!!!!

yea its like a domino effect... but I think people get too hung up on DC from a logger and don't think things through ... I pay a lot more attention to pumps and pressures than the DC.
another thing that makes a difference to me is idle quality / drive-ability / response ... and short of going to a low imp injector the bigger you go the more you sacrifice in that dept.
I cant stand poor street manners regardless of how it runs at the track.... but that's me .. some people have different opinions on drive-ability

I might just go with the 80s and be done with it.
What I don't get is cars running low elvens on 60s and I already maxed them out on my other car that ran a best of 11.74:confused:

What I don't get is cars running low elvens on 60s and I already maxed them out on my other car that ran a best of 11.74:confused:

Again it all depends on your combo... NO TWO CARS WILL RUN THE SAME. You can have the same setup as everyone else doesn't mean that they are equal. People install bearing with different clearance, gap piston rings different, valves seal better on one head than the other... Tracking?

When it comes to injector size and E85 one shouldnt skimp in this area. If a 60 is going to be maxed at your target boost or power level then step up a bit so there is room for error.
I can say I had 80's and the street manners were the same as stock. Eric burns some awsome chips... dont be afraid to go big.... he has this figured out.
And what cgaston said about no 2 cars will be the same... he is exactly right. Go with what your car likes...
And Eric commented about "lean and mean". Back in the day we ran our cars as lean as possible, thats were the power was. 11.3 afr doesnt leave a whole lot of room for error. In todays world and tuning capabilities we can make power more safely. Just my opine...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong w/ the hi imp 80#'rs running at LS fuel psi. [58-60psi]. You now have a 94# inj, and good atomization.

Set the base psi just like you would w/ any other vac referenced reg. Line off, plugged.

Quick question .. How did you know they were maxed out @ 11.74 ? what were you looking at to determine that ?

Again it all depends on your combo... NO TWO CARS WILL RUN THE SAME. You can have the same setup as everyone else doesn't mean that they are equal. People install bearing with different clearance, gap piston rings different, valves seal better on one head than the other... Tracking?

Good point.. and even further people quantify injector size being "too small" because they are seeing 100% dc on a log file..
in reality that injector may not be at static flow.. the logger may be giving sketchy info ....

and furthermore ... the DC on a car running a 6200 RPM motor and 5000 rpm motor are 2 different animals even though they may run the same power level and same ET.

The guys with cams.. heads.. dfi's that are ringing motors out to 6200+ will use a higher DC than a stocker will @ 5000 rpm.. even though they may not run any faster

My other car ran the 11.74 on 42.5 injectors using 93/alky with boost creeping to 24#
On that car I put the 60# injectors and at 23 psi the afr goes to 12.5 and I got KR on another run.
Quick question .. How did you know they were maxed out @ 11.74 ? what were you looking at to determine that ?

60s will not be maxed out at 11.7 ,on gas
one scenario is your chip may only be allowing enough injector opening time
or you dont have the fuel delivery

60s should support 660hp (85% duty) i wouldnt try this on a single 255pump without some voltage boosting
maxed (100%) they should do 780hp , turn the pressure up and if youve got the fuel delivery and the motor they could go a little further

60s should support 660hp (85% duty) i wouldnt try this on a single 255pump without some voltage boosting
maxed (100%) they should do 780hp , turn the pressure up and if youve got the fuel delivery and the motor they could go a little further

For E85? To the wheels or crank?

For E85? To the wheels or crank?

HE mentioned GAS

and I agree with him... you can max a injector out real real quick if indeed the pump can't support the power requirements which is MORE often the case than not... I cant even begin to tell you how many times I find low voltage at the pumps and people complaining about running lean and KR ..

WELL DUH ! if your putting 9 volts to the pump what do you expect ...

pump is a huge deal with E85....

I would think for any driver based Buick Turbo .. a decent pump running GOOD VOLTAGE ( NOT A POS WALBRO 255 from 8 years ago) and 80's would get you a solid upper to even mid 10 second ride with no issues