E85 after one year.

Boy I am curious about the cellulose filter. Every manufacture says not to run one with E85. They are said to break down internally.

I'm thinking the sock on the lower pump was dirty just because it was really close to the bottom of the tank and it was on "cleanup duty". Doing it's job.

I agree with turbo89! NAPA or O'Reilly for Wix
Conrad

Doesn't apply to you, but many people are buffalo'd into buying that expensive Teflon hose when ya don't need it. Been over a year with braided rubber lines and they don't look like jelly! Matter of fact, I pulled one tonight and rubbers holding up pretty good.
Factory fuel lines with drilled out fittings are pretty adequate unless they have damage. I guess the Racetronix Teflon line kits are pretty reasonable cost wise. Haven't checked myself though...

Compared to SS braided, people are getting hosed... Literately
I hate getting hosed! I guess their complete kits are like $400. I was just on the LS1 Tech forum. Seems like those guys are way behind this board on the whole e85 thing...

Ya something like $400, which aint bad at all for a complete setup.

Most of the braided stuff is nitrile rubber. Lookie here:
http://iqlearningsystems.com/ethanol/downloads/Ethanol & E85 Material Compatibility.pdf

DANG !!! I'm gonna have to take off my stock intake and find a cast iron deal before it melts away .. I also need to make sure to keep a close eye on pan gasket cause that's cork ! it should start leaking at any point being its been on E85 since 2004 and oil taking on ethanol like a magnet .

So we are saying the Racetronix fuel line kit is overpriced? Or is it worth the price?

Looking on replacing my stock fuel lines. Will definitely get their AN sender though.

So we are saying the Racetronix fuel line kit is overpriced? Or is it worth the price?

Looking on replacing my stock fuel lines. Will definitely get their AN sender though.
Im not saying that. Im saying you can get by with cheaper, but there are myths about that way......That I have personally busted and the info above concurs.

I think with the Racetronix setup your paying for the convenience of the kit. I think it's worth it, but you can definitely save money if you put something together on your own. $400 is pretty reasonable...

DANG !!! I'm gonna have to take off my stock intake and find a cast iron deal before it melts away .. I also need to make sure to keep a close eye on pan gasket cause that's cork ! it should start leaking at any point being its been on E85 since 2004 and oil taking on ethanol like a magnet .

Ya, I've never seen any issues either. I am thinking there are different degrees of incompatibility. Perhaps if raw aluminum or brass is submerged in heated ethanol for an extended period of time then it will oxidize to some degree and therefore they deemed it "incompatible", but in real-world use there's nothing of consequence to worry about.

Ya, I've never seen any issues either. I am thinking there are different degrees of incompatibility. Perhaps if raw aluminum or brass is submerged in heated ethanol for an extended period of time then it will oxidize to some degree and therefore they deemed it "incompatible", but in real-world use there's nothing of consequence to worry about.
Or some other unforseen circumstances. Like something you didn't know was in the tank.

I think it's a nice kit and you get a lot for the price. And using SS braided nitrile (which is indeed 100% ethanol compatible) isn't going to be a whole heck of a lot cheaper. I use SS braided nitrile on my car (Jegs hose) and it was fricking expensive!

I think it's a nice kit and you get a lot for the price. And using SS braided nitrile (which is indeed 100% ethanol compatible) isn't going to be a whole heck of a lot cheaper. I use SS braided nitrile on my car (Jegs hose) and it was fricking expensive!
Cause you shop at Jegs..lol:woot:
The fittings is what killed me, but I bought all my stuff local.