E55 AMG

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
So I was out cruising the 68 Camaro yesterday and came upon an E55 AMG in a double left turn lane from Portola onto Glenn Ranch not too far from the Oakley factory. I pulled up to the inside lane along side him and he immediately started eyeballing the Camaro up and down, front to back.
Him: Sounds nice...small block?
Me: Big block.....ZZ502....:cool:
Him: [nodding]...sounds like a heavy cam...
Me: Nah....actually kinda mild for a big block....makes about 550HP...runs all day on 91 octane
Him: [nodding] That's pretty good...
Me: Yup....fun car to drive....:D

Light turned green and we both ease through the left turn but as we straighten out, we both go all in at the same time.
I put a length or more on him in 2nd and about 4-5 lengths on him by the time I banged 4th....and was walking away.:D

He finally gave up and we waived to each other out our windows.
I went up and over Glen Ranch to El Toro and while I waited to make my left onto El Toro, a new Coyote Stang with his dealer plates still on, got stopped at the red light in the cross traffic so that I'd be turning left across his grill in the opposite direction....time for a showcase:D ...
As I came out of the left turn he and his woman were watching me go by I hammered 2nd, and walked it sideways with the tires lit up for a couple hundred feet going up El Toro....made that Coyote feel like a Puppy....

Meanwhile...Lou is building a new stroker motor for the GN....so It will be back in business soon.

Good kill Chicken, I am glad you have a BB Camaro as a backup. You would be going through major withdraws without it. I laid waste to a Supercharged Harley Davidson pickup this weekend with my 67…he started it. I did wish I had the GN out and really put a hurt on him….:D

el pollo bravo... atacando las calle's de California pero no en el turbo buick pero en el gran bloque con 502 centimetros cubicos de potencia brutaaa...lol

the mean chicken.. attacking the streets in California but not in the turbo buick but in the big block 502 cubic inch raw power

Me and the GN tangled with a CL55 AMG.. I wish my story turned out the same.. Pull me hard after 120.. Had him by a fender until then..

Ya...in te Turbo Buick, you gotta end it before it turns into a top end race;)

My Camaro has a TKO-600, 5-speed and so far I've had it as high as 148mph before lifting....
It was still pulling pretty good even at 148mph, but was starting to float a bit....and I dunno how much longer my fiberglass hood would stay attached at those speeds, so I let off. :D

Ya...in te Turbo Buick, you gotta end it before it turns into a top end race;)

My Camaro has a TKO-600, 5-speed and so far I've had it as high as 148mph before lifting....
It was still pulling pretty good even at 148mph, but was starting to float a bit....and I dunno how much longer my fiberglass hood would stay attached at those speeds, so I let off. :D

I let off after he got ahead of me. I have experienced the Buick at high speeds.. Its not fun.I had the Buick to 142.. Uncle Charlie called me some bad things :D. Most of them included "Stupid teenager." I certainly felt the float. I will never do that again! After the race, I found the guy gassing up at the local Mobil and I decided to stop. Very nice guy. Liked the car!

Had my 67 RS/SS ragtop up to 135 once, racing a big block 454 55 chevy in Mississippi. I was on the NOS the entire time. Felt like i was driving one of those big rubber balls. LOL.....Never again.

Had my 67 RS/SS ragtop up to 135 once, racing a big block 454 55 chevy in Mississippi. I was on the NOS the entire time. Felt like i was driving one of those big rubber balls. LOL.....Never again.

Ya...I wouldn't go that fast on a stock suspension 1st Gen Camaro....:rolleyes:
Mine has the tubular control arms, coil overs, del-alum bushings, fat sway bar, solid body mounts, etc so it actuallty rides pretty well at speed...but I was watching my fiber glass hood rattle around and flutter at the front corners and just starting to feel the air getting under the car and causing that lifting sensation and said to myself...."Self....this car aint built to go this fast....you better slow down...."

So I did...;)

Ya...I wouldn't go that fast on a stock suspension 1st Gen Camaro....:rolleyes:
Mine has the tubular control arms, coil overs, del-alum bushings, fat sway bar, solid body mounts, etc so it actuallty rides pretty well at speed...but I was watching my fiber glass hood rattle around and flutter at the front corners and just starting to feel the air getting under the car and causing that lifting sensation and said to myself...."Self....this car aint built to go this fast....you better slow down...."

So I did...;)

I understand completely……One other time in the 67 I took a coworker for a fast ride and the throttle linkage got hung on the nitrous switch when I went WOT. Was not pretty because there was a curve coming up (…it corners like a pontoon boat with the factory suspension) but I kept it on the road somehow until I got the key shutoff and straightened out. My friend was a little shell shocked to say the least. :eek: He still won’t ride with me, that was 8 years ago. Always something.