Dyno tuning with TT

87GN_70GS

About to start tuning on a dynocom dyno. Chip is a TT 5.6 for stock injectors. Have a PLX wide-band in the test pipe. Have turbolink on a laptop. The dyno operator wants to remove the stock location O2 sensor to install his wideband. Will this screw up the calibration? Or is it ok to run without the stock O2 for the dyno tuning?

IMHO... for a WOT blast... the 5.6 chip doesn't use the stock 02 sensor for fueling corrections... and should be fine....... however.... I would be very suprised if the wideband 02 sensor will read properly in the stock location..... as it can't stand the heat..... maybe he knows something no one else does?

I would advise the operator that putting his WBO2 in the stock location will most likely kill it on the first WOT pull. WAY too much temperature and pressure at that location!!!!!!!!! :eek:

That chip needs the stock o2 for everything up to WOT, so not sure how you think the car will run up to the point you hit it... I would take yours out and put his in the test pipe. You don't really need yours for the dyno if he is willing to use his.

EDIT: Yours meaning your WB.

Where is the best place to install a WB sensor?

(I thought I would ask here since it was already being discussed.)

Dennis

Everyone will tell you something different... Mine is about 12-18 inches after the turbo on the top of the DP.

Everyone will tell you something different... Mine is about 12-18 inches after the turbo on the top of the DP.

I agree.... and that is about where mine is...

IMHO... don't go any closer than that..... further away.... no problem...... in fact allot of dynos.... just hang one in the end of the tailpipe.... they evidently read fine there as well...

Thanks for the reply. My thoughts were to put it either in the DP or the dump tube. Drilling hole and welding bung would be easier on the dump tube after I remove it, but if I can do this to the down pipe without removing it, I was going to do that. If either spot works ok I'll take the path of least resistance, I mean work.;)

Dennis