Dyno disappointment

whoosh47

I put my car on a dyno this weekend and was slightly disappointed with the numbers. At 24 lbs boost they were 309.4 hp @4793 and 422.7 ft/lbs @3803.the a/f is at 10.5 wot timming is set at 17.5 from 3000rpm
Is this typical for a Te 44 turbo?

You need to figure out why peak power is at 4800, what did it do past that?? Did you run into valve float?? I'd be thinking about some valve springs.

24psi 17 degrees timing and 10.5a/f excuse me but that tune makes no fng sense. what moron told you to run that

This is a new build and the champion heads were out of the box new. After 4800 hp totally dropped.

24psi 17 degrees timing and 10.5a/f excuse me but that tune makes no fng sense. what moron told you to run that

I don't see alky in his sig. so he prolly had to pull timing to get 24#.
what octane are you running?

wow i agree that tune is very poor and a waste of dyno time. with your setup your car should be pushing very high 4's and 500 plus torque. especially with the heads. 44's love high timing 27/25. 10.5 is rich especially with race gas. are you running alky? i dont see it in your sig.

i have a snow performance alky kit running 93 octane

still to low. i had a ta49 and was running 27/25 on alky. went an 11.60 on a 3750 car with me in it. 23psi and 27/25 stock heads and a duttneck. calculator estimated 475 hp.

Id expect 460whp with 28-30psi and 23-24* and converter locked.

the times in my sig on my te44 were run at 21 psi and 20.5degrees timing 93 and razor alky 3600lb hardtop 87 gn with 2004r footbrake and locked 10.5 protorque

What kind of Dyno, Mustang/Dynojet?
Was the Wideband sensor in a pipe or sniffing it?
What torque converter and if it's a L/U are you locking it?

It's a safe tune not a power tune as it's fat with no timing so it can run that psi. The answers above can give a bigger picture and that's still only so much since we're not in front of the car etc.

BTW, does the car pop at WOT in first gear ever?

It's a safe tune not a power tune as it's fat with no timing so it can run that psi.

I agree! If you asked the tuner for a safe tune that may be what you got. Safe and making power can be two different things to some tuners.

I put my car on a dyno this weekend and was slightly disappointed with the numbers. At 24 lbs boost they were 309.4 hp @4793 and 422.7 ft/lbs @3803.the a/f is at 10.5 wot timming is set at 17.5 from 3000rpm
Is this typical for a Te 44 turbo?

your timing is gutless for alky.....and your fuel is too rich. post up your dyno sheet to give us a better idea

His A/F ratio isn't all that rich for alky guys.

He could be running washer fluid like the kit mfg recommends.

Thats the problem when the word "alky" gets thrown around.. meth kits, alky kits, etc... its a lot clearer when someone says 93 octane plus straight methanol injection.. When thats not said... welcome to the ????'s

He could be drowing the motor with water creating the problem as well..

Back under my rock :wink:

What kind of Dyno, Mustang/Dynojet?
Was the Wideband sensor in a pipe or sniffing it?
What torque converter and if it's a L/U are you locking it?

It's a safe tune not a power tune as it's fat with no timing so it can run that psi. The answers above can give a bigger picture and that's still only so much since we're not in front of the car etc.

BTW, does the car pop at WOT in first gear ever?

It was a mustang dyno, wideband is in downpipe, converter is a orange stripe and doesn't lockup at wot and no pop.

Yes it is a safe tune because this is a new motor with less than 200mi on it.

Like others have said you are way too rich and timing too low. That's all there is to it. 11.5:1 AFR and 22-23 degrees timing using pump gas + straight meth will get you in the mid 400's for RWHP.