DW Fuel Pump part #

87WE4BOOSTED

I NEED MORE BOOST!!
I'm getting ready to purchase a DW pump but wanted to know the part we are using for our cars. I see this is an universal kit number: 9-301-1000 DW300. Will this one work?

Thanks,

9-301S-1000 was my number. S = smooth bottom. It is not on the website but you can put the comment in notes or just call DW and order direct and tell them.

Thanks guys! Just ordered one. Second Walbro just crapped out on me. The second one only lasted 4 months.:mad:

John - how has the DW pump worked for you? I'm thinking about replacing my pump and don't want a walbro. The only other pumps i know of to consider are Red's XP, the DW, and the Racetronix. I had ruled out Racetronix because my nephew had one in his LS-powered TA. Ran fine until he added the turbo. He's been having pressure increase problems with it ever since. I'm not dogging the Racetronix part, his has about 5 years on it and is probably getting tired.

Anyway after talking to Nick about some other stuff, i'm leaning more and more to the DW. Wanted your comments as there's no substitute for an actual user's opinion. Thanks for any feedback.

I'm thinking about replacing my pump and don't want a walbro. The only other pumps i know of to consider are Red's XP, the DW, and the Racetronix.
I respect your decision that you don't want a Walbro pump but just so your clear, the Red XP is a Walbro witht the overpressure valve punced down, The Racetronix is a Walbro and the DW is a copy of the Walbro made in China. I am not saying any of those are bad but it is, what it is.

I respect your decision that you don't want a Walbro pump but just so your clear, the Red XP is a Walbro witht the overpressure valve punced down, The Racetronix is a Walbro and the DW is a copy of the Walbro made in China. I am not saying any of those are bad but it is, what it is.

You can defend Walbro all you want Mike, but they have had reliability problems for years starting with the POS 307 pump, and it continues today.

I am frustrated with changing Walbro pumps only lasting 6 months to a year with NO support from the company. :mad:

The DW pump is made off-shore to their specs and quality requirements, and is backed by a 3 year unconditional warranty which illustrates the confidence of this company in their product.

This off-shore company also makes millions of fuel pumps a year for many different vehicles around the globe, and has a stellar production record for quality.

In-house company testing, as well as independent testing like Richard Clark, has shown the DW pump to be very reliable in durability testing, as well as the best in long term performance.

I can care less whose pump I use, but I feel it is necessary to supply my customers with the best product available, especially with a critical performance item like a fuel pump, which is why I now only use the DW pump. :)

I would like to clear this up. The DW200 and DW300 pumps are not copies or knockoffs of the Walbro, the two employ different methods of moving fuel; Walbro using a gerotor design vs. the DW using a turbine-impeller design. As Nick stated, our pumps were designed in-house and a manufacturer of quality and experience in markets that cater to alternative fuels was chosen.

Our DW300 was the first in-tank 300+LPH pump released to the market in this configuration that is able to be installed on or in stock assemblies (drop-in fitment for many fuel pump assemblies).

The part number for the pump is 9-301S-1000, as requested by Nick to help with installation.

I have zero fuel pressure issues. I use stock lines, stock filter and it sits and idles clean at 750rpm with 43psi fuel pressure. It's a good pump, I am at 21 psi boost and 800 O2 at full throttle on E85. Haven't cranked boost any further but the numbers substantiate that the pump delivers properly at the bottom and top.

I have one issue with the pump: the sock is hokey. It mounts on a pin with a star-shaped pressfit retainer. It's virtually one-and-done, there is no undoing once installed. The sock is square with a plastic center. It barely flexible enough to get in the tank opening. If it had a soft sock like a Walbro that grip-fit on the inlet I would give DW 5 stars.

You need to run a volt booster with this pump to get it to 16 volts WOT to get the max benefit. It is marginal at 13.5 volts according to DW's chart.

Hey John,

I posted some pictures and a video in your DW300 installed thread. Hopefully that will help others in the future!

Thanks to Chris @ DW for identifying that the DW design is a different concept, and also the no-excuses attitude that it's made in China. Not everything that's made in China is poorly made.

Thanks for the info Mike - it's good to know that the Walbro, XP, and RT are all the same pump, just under different brands. I'm not really a fan of stuff made in China, but sometimes it's not only unavoidable, it's the better product. What other options are out there besides an in-line that would be super over-kill?? Aeromotive? Just looking for other possibilities.