Dumb question for the morning - Injector "clips" - PUSH IN or PRY OUT?

BoyWonder

I searched the GENERAL TECH forum and find opposing information

I just want to quickly remove the electrical connector from a couple of injectors and see if I can re-arrange the cluster-fluck of the injector wiring someone did.
Wrapping the wire around the injector?
Criss crossing in front and then behind injectors..
That sort of thing.
I suppose with my preferred wiring method, the wires will be more noticable, but I for one can't see it good being wrapped around an injector tight as hell.

I'm not convinced I'll have enough clearance room to slide the connectors behind the injectors in order to get it looking the way I want without pulling the fuel rail and everything else - but I was going to try one or two

Do the metal retaining clips slide OUT or PUSH IN?

I gave it a quick whirl trying to pry out, but didn't feel it going anywhere.

Have a few other things to do this on the motor this morning, and thought I'd ask while I had a minute.

Theyre supposed to push in. You can do it either way tho. Sometimes after theyve been on for a while, its easier to remove them with a small pick.

Theyre supposed to push in. You can do it either way tho. Sometimes after theyve been on for a while, its easier to remove them with a small pick.

It just so happens I threw in to my cart one of those $1.99 set of dental pick sets while grazing at Horrible Freight the other day.

It just so happens I threw in to my cart one of those $1.99 set of dental pick sets while grazing at Horrible Freight the other day.

You may nor may not need it. When theyve been plugged in for a long time, they can be hard to get unplugged holding that clip in.. its easier a lot of times to just remove it and then put it back on when you have the harness of the bench.

Oh no!

There will be no "harness on the bench stuff" going on today.

It's already been 3 days during the holiday with my car being unplugged.
I hate myself when I start to replace a vacuum line and it is three days later.

And it's nice and clear / cold here today - so...weeeeeeee! ;-)

If I can't accomplish the simple re-route, it will wait until I do a more full - doghouse / fuel rail / coil pack remove / clean / bracket blast-powedercoat-chrome operation.

Be careful to avoid the EGR

Avoid the EGR?
Why do I need to avoid it?

That's what gave me the up close and personal, clear look at the crazy routing of the injector wiring.
The EGR is off on the bench right now - cleaning the filter; the bracket; replacing the crappy 25 year old dry rotted hoses with new blue silicone vacuum and contemplating or dreaming of my block off plate

I did make some cool molded silicone S-hoses though using a piece of MDF; routed for the shape template and some heavy duty shrink wrap

Thanks JayC for the advice.
Worked like a champ.

And was actually able to gently finagle the connectors from behind the injectors, re-route, and make them look like they were installed by a non-moron.

LOL - now now.
Don't go looking for things for me to replace just because...

But I have that Caspers harness in my catalog of parts files.
Maybe sometime in the future when I just start replacing wiring for something to do.
I've already done that with all the rubber / vacuum lines.
Wiring gets old too - I know.

It all looks A-OK.
Everything looks stock, all wires look great, all connectors slide right on and lock/clip down.
Knock on wood.

And it's all rerouted, all cleaned, all dielectric greased; all loomed etc.
As it should be.

Now - should I ever wish to replace - it will be easy / breezy.
But I'm doubting it.
All looks ok.