Dual ported wastegate actuator without C02

aminga

Chicks Dig the powerbulge
So do you think it's possible to run a dual port actuator and a raise/lower solenoid combination without C02 using only pressure from the manifold and a small bias spring. Just thinking out loud here.

If you are talking about an external gate , yes....I am using manifold pressure with a Boost Leash from Hartline.

Bryan

Actually Internal gate. I know there are a few actuators out there.

I have an idea of how it might work but dual port stock style actuators are spendy and I was looking for opinions before I plunk down $$$'s

another option and its probaly overkill but ive been looking into this is using an onboard air compressor for rock solid boost.

the issue with dual port stock style actuators is getting one that has a proper seal around the rod. If you get a good seal on the rod, then controlling it should be easy......

Bob

the issue with dual port stock style actuators is getting one that has a proper seal around the rod. If you get a good seal on the rod, then controlling it should be easy......

Bob

I thought that was mostly a problem with leaking CO2

my question is more basic. Can you use boost as the spring in a dual port actuator

some of the stock appearing dual-ports have essentially no rod-side seal, so I don't thing they would work at all (i.e. stay away from ebay , been there, done that )

the leaks can affect the boost control if they are large enough.

the issue with using manifold pressure on the balance side usually only becomes a problem with the high-boost + high-backpressure guys that need lots of pressure to hold the gate shut.

for "street" guys it will likely work fine.

Bob