DS users....?

KEVINS

How accurate is the Time Slip mode in DS at the 60' reading?

Obviously it's not going to be perfect to the actual time slip because it's using calculated values of tire height, etc, but is it at least consistant from run to run and how far off is it from your time slips?

thnx
ks:)

Best thing i cam advise is to maybe try adjusting tire size in the setup until it gets close w/ a timeslip while at the track but you have to remember to deal w/ rollout which will throw off DS too.

As a reference starting the clock in DS when the mph is at zero mph where the next frame is 1 mph and using a 26.1" measurement for tire dia., my 1/8 times are off about .2 for a 8.35 pump gas run.

Mark
87GN

Originally posted by BoostKillsStres
Best thing i cam advise is to maybe try adjusting tire size in the setup until it gets close w/ a timeslip while at the track but you have to remember to deal w/ rollout which will throw off DS too.

Yea, that's what I was thinking. Thanks for the reply;)

ks

Start time

Actually I think you get a more accurate reading if you zero your run out when you first see acceleration. You will see several readings on that before you see an increase in your mph.

David

I played with my tire size to get it close to the tracks et's, remember mph will be higher on DS... I zero mine on the first frame I see movement. It almost matches the tracks et's perfect, but on the street where you see alot more tire spin it is useless..