Drop Spindles vs springs

BUK5hot

I plan on lowering my car around 2" For the front would y'all suggest drop spindles or different springs? It is a drag car with ladder bar rear setup. up front is stock springs.

Attachments

• sidepic.JPG
    sidepic.JPG
    249 KB · Views: 289
Dropped knuckles cause steering issues. Use taller ball joints and drop springs so you don't have bump steer issues.
I was afraid of having bump steer issues with spindles. What springs do you think for around 2" of drop?

UMI sells a 1" drop or a 2" drop front spring.
Kirban's might be able to get them for you, since he sells their rear shock mount brace.
Keep in mind if you use taller lower ball joints, they will lower the car by that amount (1/2" taller recommended)

Kirban's might be able to get them for you, since he sells their rear shock mount brace.
Keep in mind if you use taller lower ball joints, they will lower the car by that amount (1/2" taller recommended)
What about this setup? I been needing some adjustable front shocks as well.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    405.7 KB · Views: 245
I'm using dropped spindles with no apparent issues, but I just drive my car, no racing, or corner carving,
trouble with dropped springs, you are now riding on the rubber bump stops, I cut mine, but still had issues,
so went to spindles
DSC05957.JPG

Full Throttle carries UMI Performance stuff as well.

I'm using dropped spindles with no apparent issues, but I just drive my car, no racing, or corner carving,
trouble with dropped springs, you are now riding on the rubber bump stops, I cut mine, but still had issues,
so went to spindlesView attachment 278851
Looks great! A few questions:
What drop spindles are these?
Are they front and rear?
What springs/shocks are you running?

I plan on lowering my car around 2" For the front would y'all suggest drop spindles or different springs? It is a drag car with ladder bar rear setup. up front is stock springs.
When we use drop spindles to lower the car,we move the rims of the wheels closer to the lower ball joints and outer tie rod ends and do nothing to improve bump steer. When we lower the car with springs,we move the lower control arms closer to the bump stops and do nothing to improve bump steer. This does,however, greatly improve the camber curve. If I wanted to lower the front of my car two inches,I would use 1 inch lowering spindles of stock height and 1/2" taller lower ball joints which would greatly improve bump steer and help the camber curve. I would also use a 1" taller upper ball joint to improve the camber curve. In theory,this would lower the car 1.5",but would not require removing the springs. You could change springs later,if you wanted. Adjustable upper control arms would complete this set-up. As the upper control arms move upward from the use of taller ball joints or spindles,the tops of the tires move away from the engine necessitating the use of more shims to move the tops of the tires back toward the engine. This moves the control arm bushings closer to the exhaust pipes. The adjustable upper arms allow us to move the upper ball joints closer to the engine without moving the control arm bushing, adding shims,or using any at all. They also allow for more caster without unequal amounts of shims front to rear. Extra caster makes the car more stable at higher speeds. When we add caster,by moving the upper ball joints toward the rear of the car when we adjust the adjustable upper arms,we move the tires closer to the rear of the fender wells. This can cause rubbing issues when turning. Because of this,it's a good idea to add extra caster by using lower control arms that move the lower ball joint toward the front of the car.