Driving on I-40 E?

TTA81

Hello all,
I am a fairly new member to this site and I am a huge GN enthusiast. I don't own a GN yet and I'm no stranger to these cars because my father who lives in Fla. owns a highly modified '87 GN and I've helped him with a lot of the mods.
Anyways, getting back to the subject. On Saturday evening about 6 o'clock, I was driving down 40 E in my Grand Am w/ my wife and daughter when we saw 2 GN's in front of us. The one in back had GNX rims and the lead car had stock rims. When we got next to each of the cars, I honked and gave a thumbs up to them. It was great to see two GN's cruising on the highway, you just don't see that everyday. I think they exited off of Wake Forest Rd. after that. I was just wondering if it was anybody here that has posted. Nice Cars!!

James

If they both had tinted windows and flawless paint jobs, yes they from the Ral. area. We were all coming from the Jordan Lake get-together probably. (See thread "nc get together") Honestly, I forgot their names already, but Adam (apreggo) knows them. We had 7-8 TR's, a Typhoon, Impala SS and an early 90's Z28 show up, and a few more that had to cancel at the last minute so there is a fairly strong presence of these cars around here.

Both cars had tinted windows, A-pillar gauges and nice paint jobs from what I could see despite the inclement weather. I believe the lead car also had a frount mont IC.

Those cars belonged to Tracy Hoggs and Rick Richardson. Both do have FM and many other mods.
Both of them do post on here.

Gary

Thanks for the bailout Gary, I thought one of them was Tracy, but couldn't remember Rick to save my life. Keep in touch, I may need a block fairly soon....

broke1,
The TA runs AWESOME with the juice. NO turbo lag whatsoever with it. And if anyone knows anything about the combination of a carburetor and turbo...you got lag! I haven't ran it at the track but plan on it soon. Need to run S/S braided lines for the fuel solenoid and hood mounted fuel pressure gauge. Also need a set of slicks to hook up.

81 TA

Post times for us when you run it.Ive always liked em but from the factory theyre slow and I didnt think you could mod em much so you were stuck with slow.You certainly went with the quickest way to make real HP:cool:

Do you think its a 13 second car??

that was me on 40 i saw you in the grad am we cant go any where with out getting seen.i was the lead gn, had to be carful in the rain those nittos or not that good in the rain but better than the bfgssssss get you a gn and lets ride rick

broke1,
I'll try to post times when I can. I hope it's close to being a 13 second car.

rick,
Oh would I like to get one, but finances are tight and have another year on the GA before its paid off. So, maybe afterwards.....:D

I was reading the post its good to know that there are people that really appreciate this cars. Many people I run into on the street do not have any idea what a grand national is. Thanks for the compliments on the buick look for us at grill 57 in Garner on the 15th. Later Tracy